Royal says that my TA changed my dining (she didn't) and now I'm confused

We're cruising on Mariner in a little over a week and as activities have been loaded into the app, I realized that I want to change the time of one of the My Time Dining reservations I booked awhile back. Because I couldn't figure out how to do it online, yesterday I called and asked if I could change it. The agent told me that I don't have My Time Dining that my TA called to switch us to traditional dining early seating. Um. No. No, she didn't. I explained that she didn't and I was logged in and looking at my reservations at that moment. He told me it takes awhile to filter through. I asked him when the change occurred and he said it was that day. I said, "so literally the same day that I decide I want to change my reservation, my TA, without my knowledge or instruction, just happened to call and change my dining to something completely different?" His answer: "Probably." 

So I just hung up. I checked today and I still see my My Time Dining reservations, but again, I can't seem to edit them. Should I just wait until I get onboard to sort this out? Call back? Have my TA call to try to sort it? (And yes, I have confirmed since, she hasn't touched my reservation since booking it.) 

34 minutes ago, anricat said:

We're cruising on Mariner in a little over a week and as activities have been loaded into the app, I realized that I want to change the time of one of the My Time Dining reservations I booked awhile back. Because I couldn't figure out how to do it online, yesterday I called and asked if I could change it. The agent told me that I don't have My Time Dining that my TA called to switch us to traditional dining early seating. Um. No. No, she didn't. I explained that she didn't and I was logged in and looking at my reservations at that moment. He told me it takes awhile to filter through. I asked him when the change occurred and he said it was that day. I said, "so literally the same day that I decide I want to change my reservation, my TA, without my knowledge or instruction, just happened to call and change my dining to something completely different?" His answer: "Probably." 

So I just hung up. I checked today and I still see my My Time Dining reservations, but again, I can't seem to edit them. Should I just wait until I get onboard to sort this out? Call back? Have my TA call to try to sort it? (And yes, I have confirmed since, she hasn't touched my reservation since booking it.) 

If you don't get a resolution and decide to call again, try calling the Crown & Anchor number: 800-526-9723.

12 hours ago, Retired LEO said:

When you go into your cruise planner and select the dining tab does it show that you have MTD? If it does you can change the times if the time is available.

The dining tab just shows all the specialty dining. I don't see anything about My Time Dining there. There are two buttons "Make a Reservation" and  "Plan All Cruise Dining" but the only options are uncharge restaurants which I don't want. 

If I click on my "My Calendar" I see My Time Dining there and there's a yellow button that says "Details" but there doesn't appear to be a way to change it. 

1 hour ago, anricat said:

If I click on my "My Calendar" I see My Time Dining there and there's a yellow button that says "Details" but there doesn't appear to be a way to change it. 

Something may have happened to switch you to traditional (which is taking away any modification possibility) - either try to fix via phone now or print out your MTD confirmation e-mail and adjust times on board.

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Contact your TA.  Either your TA did something accidentally or Royal did something accidentally.  Either way, your TA should get it resolved.

I did contact her. She told me that she could call and try to sort it out if I need. She said she definitely didn't do anything. Clearly something is goofy. 

48 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

RCI changes dining times sometimes when they overflow on MTD - had that happen on Harmony - they claimed WE changed it accidentally......and they did NOT put us back into MTD  -the Maitre said sorry no room in MTD...that was the end of that!🙄

Did you have your printed copy of your MTD reservation?  Always have copies of any and all things related to my cruises.  They can't argue with your proof.

1 hour ago, anricat said:

I did contact her. She told me that she could call and try to sort it out if I need. She said she definitely didn't do anything. Clearly something is goofy. 

That is literally her job. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

Did you have your printed copy of your MTD reservation?  Always have copies of any and all things related to my cruises.  They can't argue with your proof.

No we did not......but we know how to handle this now!👍

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik

6 minutes ago, anricat said:

Pretty sure that's why she offered. 

She should have said "I'll get that straightened out for you right away. Don't worry."

Saying "I could..." means she didn't really want to be bothered and wanted you to tell her to do her job.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StolidCruiser said:

She should have said "I'll get that straightened out for you right away. Don't worry."

Saying "I could..." means she didn't really want to be bothered and wanted you to tell her to do her job.

This is actually not true at all and I really don't appreciate your assumption in that regard at all. I don't know why anyone is reading in an air of unhelpfulness in my TA. She's amazing, does whatever I need, whenever I need and has literally waited on hold for me for hours at a stretch to book opening day cruises for me with DCL. She's an angel and a godsend to me. She also happens to be a dear friend and was ready and willing to help. I had told her it was cool that I thought I could sort it. Clearly I couldn't so I texted her back a bit ago and told her, yes, go ahead that it seemed like me calling back again wasn't really going to solve anything so she contacted them a little bit ago. Somehow we had BOTH My Time Dining AND Early Dining. She said that the agent on the line literally couldn't figure out how that happened. So we have My Time Dining for real now and things seem to be sorted out. I don't know why the dude on the phone with me couldn't just figure it. Ah well, it's all good. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

No we did not......but we know how to handle this now!👍

Having printed or electronic copies of cruising documentation is common knowledge among seasoned cruisers. 

The well-known "trust but verify" practice applies to travel.