Major October/November 2020 Journey Itinerary Changes?

JIMinNC

I just went online to check to see if the new promotion offered a savings on our Oct 10, 2020 11-night Journey Greece Intensive cruise from Venice to Athens, and could not find our cruise listed at all. Digging further, I found there are no Journey cruises showing up on the online reservation system after the Oct 3 cruise that ends in Venice on Oct 10, 2020 just prior to ours. I then went into our reservation and saw that it was now showing us booked on an Oct 10, 2020 9-night Mediterranean Treasures voyage from Venice to Barcelona on Journey. 

So, it looks like Azamara has cancelled our Oct 2020 Greece cruise and is re-doing the fall 2020 schedule for Journey, but just hasn't updated the online reservation system yet. Many of the ports on the 9-night cruise that appears to be replacing the Greece Intensive cruise are the same ones we visited last fall, so we definitely do not want to do the new itinerary. Very disappointing.

I’m on the same sailing as JIMinNC, and we will be cancelling our cruise as well. I’ve just spent time looking at other cruise lines offerings. We booked last October while onboard, and received the LCV discount plus a $500 credit due to several missed ports that were weather related.

Fortunately, air bookings are not yet available, so at least this time we’re not out any money, but it is very disappointing. Oh well, finally a good reason to broaden our cruising options.

On another web site all Journey itineraries from 10.10.2020 to 2.12.2020 is gone. I suspect it might just be some technical problems in the Azamara booking system. If all these cruises have been rescheduled we are talking about a major change unheard of in the past. I am sure you will get some reassuring answers tomorrow.

Edited by oddjob16

46 minutes ago, oddjob16 said:

On another web site all Journey itineraries from 10.10.2020 to 2.12.2020 is gone. I suspect it might just be some technical problems in the Azamara booking system. If all these cruises have been rescheduled we are talking about a major change unheard of in the past. I am sure you will get some reassuring answers tomorrow.

It was certainly "heard of" when this coming summer's Alaska cruises were cut off a month early, the trans-Pacific moved up a month, and two 14-day Japan-intensive cruises inserted.

Edited by marinaro44

1 minute ago, marinaro44 said:

It was certainly "heard of" when this coming summer's Alaska cruises were cut off a month early, the trans-Pacific moved up a month, and two 14-day Japan-intensive cruises inserted.

Wow, really? I stand corrected. Sorry. Still,- let us hope it is a technical failure.

I suspect it's not simply a technical glitch since, as I noted in the original post, our booking for the October 10 departure is now showing up in our account as a 9-night Venice to Barcelona cruise instead of the 11-night Venice to Athens cruise we originally booked.

9 minutes ago, JIMinNC said:

I suspect it's not simply a technical glitch since, as I noted in the original post, our booking for the October 10 departure is now showing up in our account as a 9-night Venice to Barcelona cruise instead of the 11-night Venice to Athens cruise we originally booked.

Yes, we had that happen for a cruise this coming October.  Was to be Athens to Malta and Sicily, ending in Civitavecchia (I think).  Now it's the usual Rome, Livorno, Monte Carlo, etc., ending in Barcelona in order to move up the trans-Atlantic by weeks to squeeze in more Cuba cruises.  Getting more common to do this despite screwing up passengers' plans.

Edited by marinaro44

1 minute ago, JIMinNC said:

I am on the cruise before. The 11 night Venice to Athens looked so nice that we were contemplating doing a B2B. Now that will probably not happen. One more thing: At some point Journey has to sail on the West Africa because the first cruise after the «glitch» is Cape Town to Cape Town. I know that cruise was also very popular. Something is not right here.

5 hours ago, marinaro44 said:

YEP!! On that T/P so know that "heard of" well!!! And also on the fall T/A  '17 that had the port of embarkation changed, less # of days for the cruise and different ports...oh...and AZ wanted MORE $$ for the "new" cruise!! I bailed on that one and went on an O T/A instead!! LuAnn

Edited by LuAnn

5 hours ago, QueenP said:

I'm really nervous! Hope they are not mucking around with our itineraries! I'm doing b2b Oct 2020 on Pursuit.

The seven night on October 10th is there and a seventeen night on  October 24th is there, but the 17th isn’t showing at all.  That very well could be a glitch; not showing n/a, just not there

Edited by laurieb

In the Q and A this morning onboard Journey, the Captain mentioned November 2020 will be when Journey goes into dry dock to have fuel changes and the den being changed.  I suspect this is the cause of the rejigs

1 hour ago, uktog said:

In the Q and A this morning onboard Journey, the Captain mentioned November 2020 will be when Journey goes into dry dock to have fuel changes and the den being changed.  I suspect this is the cause of the rejigs

And the planned dry dock may be extended in duration based on the recent Quest experience.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, laurieb said:

The seven night on October 10th is there and a seventeen night on  October 24th is there, but the 17th isn’t showing at all.  That very well could be a glitch; not showing n/a, just not there

The 17th-24th October is a charter so the original Suez transit was moved to 24th October.

The 10/10/20 Journey is now showing Venice-Barcelona and there is one Barcelona-Lisbon on 19/10/20. After that there are no cruises for Journey until 02/12/20 in Cape Town. 

So it is really happening. No glitch. 

Here's the Barcelona to Lisbon Itinerary that's appearing on some online agencies

Day1: Barcelona - Spain

• Mon Oct 19 2020 | Depart 06:00 PM
    • Day2: Valencia - Spain
    • Tue Oct 20 2020 | 08:00 AM to 10:00 PM
    • Day3: Cartagena - Spain
    • Wed Oct 21 2020 | 11:00 AM to 06:00 PM
    • Day4: Malaga - Spain
    • Thu Oct 22 2020 | 08:00 AM to 10:00 PM
    • Day5: Gibraltar - United Kingdom
    • Fri Oct 23 2020 | 08:00 AM to 11:00 PM
    • Day6: Seville - Spain
    • Sat Oct 24 2020 | Arrive 02:30 PM
    • Day7: Seville - Spain
    • Sun Oct 25 2020 |
    • Day8: Seville - Spain
    • Mon Oct 26 2020 | Depart 02:45 AM
    • Day9: Lisbon - Portugal
    • Tue Oct 27 2020 | Arrive 07:00 AM

And here's Venice to Barcelona

Day1: Venice - Italy

• Sat Oct 10 2020 | Depart 06:00 PM
    • Day2: Split - Croatia
    • Sun Oct 11 2020 | 12:00 PM to 08:00 PM
    • Day3: Kotor - Montenegro
    • Mon Oct 12 2020 | 09:00 AM to 08:00 PM
    • Day4: At Sea
    • Tue Oct 13 2020 |
    • Day5: Sorrento - Italy
    • Wed Oct 14 2020 | 08:00 AM to 07:00 PM
    • Day6: Rome (Civitavecchia) - Italy
    • Thu Oct 15 2020 | 07:30 AM to 07:00 PM
    • Day7: Florence/Pisa(Livorno) - Italy
    • Fri Oct 16 2020 | 07:30 AM to 10:00 PM
    • Day8: Monte Carlo - Monaco
    • Sat Oct 17 2020 | Arrive 08:00 AM
    • Day9: Monte Carlo - Monaco
    • Sun Oct 18 2020 | Depart 07:00 AM
    • Day10: Barcelona - Spain
    • Mon Oct 19 2020 | Arrive 06:00 AM

This is so disappointing, the itinerary for the replacement of my “Greece Intensive” cruise has absolutely zero new, much less interesting, ports for us. I’m waiting to hear from my TA what AZ is offering to keep us on a different sailing. I’ve seen on the boards that this is happening more frequently and that, coupled with the lack of LCV upgrade possibilities, is really souring me. DH is pressing to do a land trip for a few weeks instead.