Flow rider

BA5

Just my opinion but I think lessons are very unnecessary.  The staff during regular hours are super good at helping at helping and giving instruction to get you going.  Once you get going you figure stuff out pretty quickly.

• Thanks 1

My experience boogie boarding was that three different staff gave three different explanations on how to do a 360. I ended up combining their tips and successfully got all of the way around on the last sea day.

BIL gets a group lesson every trip.  This gives him more time on the ride and more personal instruction for around $70.  Or you could buy the Key and get some dedicated time.

No need to purchase a lesson unless the lines get too long.  Best to try it early (embarkation day).  The lines typically just get longer the cruise goes on.  Early morning sessions are often a lot less busy than the afternoon sessions.  If you try it and do not like it, you do not do it again.  If you like it, get out there early each day.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2019 at 6:01 PM, Tree_skier said:

Just my opinion but I think lessons are very unnecessary.  The staff during regular hours are super good at helping at helping and giving instruction to get you going.  Once you get going you figure stuff out pretty quickly.

Agreed. Our 12 yo granddaughter went to the surfing side, told the guy in the water she had never been on a surfboard before and he was more then helpful.  Instantly fell a few times and got back in line, after 3 or four times in line she was up and surfing. 

On 6/2/2019 at 3:09 PM, LeeW said:

Or you could buy the Key and get some dedicated time.

Flowrider dedicated sessions for Key customers seem to be cut back to one hour per sailing - at that rate skip the Key if you are buying for Flowrider perks.