Amazon fire stick

ninsim

My two most recent cruises .... Freedom Sept 2018 (Southern Caribbean B2B) & Vision May 2019 (Med/Greece) we were able to use our Amazon Firestick to watch Amazon Prime & Netflix with no problem...We did have the Voom Surf/Stream one device package.

In response to the poster above.

1. They don't seem to care now if you connect to the TV and change the HDMI input.

2. Yes you need to have an internet package.

3. Not all ships offer movies and if they do offer them their approx $12.99 per movie...our Vision ship offered nothing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ninsim said:

Hi does anyone know if I can use an amazon fire stick to get prime movies on the TVs in Independence of the Seas cabins

The biggest problem will be Internet speed. It is usually not good for anything that you have to stream.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2019 at 1:15 PM, ninsim said:

Hi does anyone know if I can use an amazon fire stick to get prime movies on the TVs in Independence of the Seas cabins

Really depends on your internet connection.  While I don't really watch much TV when cruising, I have out of curiosity occasionally tried streaming stuff on Netflix, etc. on my devices when connected to ship wi-fi.  Results have varied widely between ships and even at different times on the same ship.  So by all means try it, but don't PLAN on it working in the way you'd always like it to.