Newbie to NCL question

cheeseclan

We are looking at booking the 7 nt Bermuda cruise on the Escape this August.     I can book a GTY  balcony for x that has no specials with it.  Or i can book a balcony y  GTY for $700 more and get the 4 benefits.   Not sure it is really worth it.

I realize i can't bring water or soda on board but do they have a soda package to purchase?  What about the cost of the meal package?

Thoughts please!   

1 hour ago, cheeseclan said:

Thanks BIrdTravels.   Do we both have to buy the soda package?   I am the only one who drinks it.

I always purchase the soda package for myself after boarding.  (Using non-refundable OBC). 

They have never said we have to buy it for my husband.  

They usually only offer all 4 for Haven rooms, so most of the time people are limited to 1 or 2. Only two of the perks cost you additional money by way of the service charge/gratuity for drinking and dining package. So I would think when you can get all 4 everyone at least takes the two without an additional cost because why not? 

With the people I sail with everyone gets the drink package and usually picks the dining package if they have a second option. I'd say the majority pick the drink option - the only ones I've chatted to not with it were guest 3 in a room, but I'm also often around the bars lol. How big that majority is will vary by sailing though.

13 hours ago, cheeseclan said:

We are looking at booking the 7 nt Bermuda cruise on the Escape this August.     I can book a GTY  balcony for x that has no specials with it.  Or i can book a balcony y  GTY for $700 more and get the 4 benefits.   Not sure it is really worth it.

I realize i can't bring water or soda on board but do they have a soda package to purchase?  What about the cost of the meal package?

Thoughts please!   

for us the perk package is the only way to go. We do love our specialty dining and enjoy the drinks being included. It gives us the freedom to enjoy our cruise without worrying about the final bill at the end of a wonderful cruise. For others who do not care that much about specialty dining and are not drinkers of adult beverages or do not down a lot of soda the sail away price might be the way to go.