can i leave toiletries at home

gillyg

To sum it up

Shampoo works for me for the duration of the holiday but it's generic rather than tailored for particular hair types.

Conditioner is thin which isn't too helpful for thick hair so I take my own.

Body lotion is also thin and perfumed which is no good for skin allergies. I take my own.

Hair dryer is fine.

As has been said, I would imagine the products on-board are the same as the products bought direct from Penhaligon. I wouldn't have thought it worth their reputation to do otherwise.

Edited by Victoria2
last sentence added

I always take my own hair dryer - the one time I forgot it, I found the Cunard-supplied one took much longer to dry my hair, (fine, mid-length).  If you really rely on a hair dryer to get results you are happy with, I’d advise you take your own. I’ve got hair which is hard to manage (naturally curly and frizz-prone and takes quite a while to dry) and the hair dryer I use at home has multiple settings, far more than the Cunard one. 

I take my my own shampoos (3 different ones, depending on what my hair is feeling like!) but I don’t use conditioner at all because I find they are all too “heavy”. I do find the water is much softer than here at home in west Berkshire, so I find that helps my hair. That’s also the reason I use the Cunard shower gel - normally I use a product for dry skin but find this improves when on board. Similarly, I find the body lotion is perfectly fine due to the softer water. If you live in a hard water area, I think you will definitely notice a difference. 

The hand soaps are ok - we use hand wash at home - I find that they lather a lot due to the softness of the water and can take a while to rinse away. 

Hope that helps - have a lovely trip! 

Edited by Kynance
Typo removed.