Island Princess Vista Suites

Triptkr

Question for those of you out there who have sailed on Island Princess and have gotten a Vista Suite.   I notice that the Island Princess has Vista Suites on deck 12 & 14 in the aft...these suites seem to be quite large in size.  There are also Vista Suites on deck 9 & 10 'mid-aft'...these suites seem to be what would appear smaller than their 'sisters' on decks 12 & 14.  If both options are available why would one book the suites on deck 9 & 10?   Am I missing something?       TIA!   

4 hours ago, Triptkr said:

Question for those of you out there who have sailed on Island Princess and have gotten a Vista Suite.   I notice that the Island Princess has Vista Suites on deck 12 & 14 in the aft...these suites seem to be quite large in size.  There are also Vista Suites on deck 9 & 10 'mid-aft'...these suites seem to be what would appear smaller than their 'sisters' on decks 12 & 14.  If both options are available why would one book the suites on deck 9 & 10?   Am I missing something?       TIA!   

We stayed in an IsIand aft suite on the Aloha deck. The cabin was about the same aize as other ships, but the balcony was huge, although mainly uncovered. We loved the suite - our favorite of any of the half dozen or so Princess ships that we’ve been on. We always stay in an aft suite, and usually a Vista one. Although we prefer to be on a lower deck and closer to the water, we picked the Aloha deck on the Island because of the size of the balcony. I can’t wait to be back on the Island in the same cabin. 

• Like 1

You are correct that it really doesn't make sense that those aft suites are the same price category (S6) as the mid aft ones on lower decks. But maybe we should just keep it to ourselves before Princess notices and reclassifies them higher. :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1

The cabins are huge as are the Aloha deck balconies. The Lido deck vista balconies are a little smaller but still large. The only balconies I thought were too small were the corner Lido deck corner PH suites. 

The first 2 pics are the corner Lido PH. The next 2 are the Lido deck aft vista. The last one is my favorite p, the middle vista on Aloha. 

779A35FF-DB04-4563-9240-2CB30E8E7785.jpeg

F66B32B5-7745-42A8-8221-097F622E7D27.jpeg

BF683C81-F7F8-4CBA-8A22-B428D171E7A4.jpeg

DA888107-D5B9-40E6-A4BF-7CE3717FDF19.jpeg

59E06551-09E3-4EC4-81D6-62668A91FEEE.jpeg

• Like 1

You guys are great!  Thanks for the pictures and feedback.  We have A726 booked on the Island Princess for a partial Panama Canal transit.  Truth be told, we've never gotten a full suite before, always balcony which I've been quite content with.  However the price point could not be passed up, or at least that's how I justify it! 😉    I just want to make sure I'm going in 'eyes wide open'...which for me means researching the 'bajeepers' out of it.  :)   

We had an aft suite on the Aloha deck next to the youth center. There was absolutely no noise from the kids. The doors are not in the back hallway, so there wasn’t any traffic from the kids, either. We went over the holidays, so the kid center was busy.