Cozumel: What beach next for us?

mitsugirly

15 hours ago, Angela61280 said:

Super interested in this as well. My little guy would love the sand bar. Let us know if you find out any more info on this... if we end up going (Oct 2019) I will report back with photos. On a side note - it’s been awhile A. Love the website with a quick run down of ports 🙂 B. What happened to the sig line with all your links?  Whenever we book a cruise, I go looking to read (and reread) your adventures!  

Not only did I find out...we went! Last month! And had a great time!!!! I would highly recommend this tour. I have already done my review (you can look it up on the website now as well (HERE).

Thanks for the comment on the website. My sig line was too long and when they redid the boards, I couldn't fit much there. So, I linked to my website, which you can find everything on there, and also a link to a google doc, which you can look up everything by port and click on it and it takes you to the review. :)

It's all still there and easy to find. No worries.

Nice review.  Sorry the pictures weren't you high standards.  Guessing just the day and camera settings.

Those belts are....wait for it....floatation belts.  Various manufacturers.  TYR makes a slightly different one that is good for ocean swimming too.  Puts you in the right snorkel position.  Not a PFD, needed for non- or novice swimmers, but for good swimmers these extend your snorkel range.

On 9/9/2019 at 12:01 PM, mitsugirly said:

Not only did I find out...we went! Last month! And had a great time!!!! I would highly recommend this tour. I have already done my review (you can look it up on the website now as well (HERE).

Thanks for the comment on the website. My sig line was too long and when they redid the boards, I couldn't fit much there. So, I linked to my website, which you can find everything on there, and also a link to a google doc, which you can look up everything by port and click on it and it takes you to the review. 🙂

It's all still there and easy to find. No worries.

Did your ship leave from Florida? Did you change ship time before arrival in Cozumel? Or did ship time remain on EDT which would explain meeting time problem. 

Cozumel IS EST year round- i guess they haven't updated their website in a while.

Glad the rest of the excursion worked out -  there have been problems reported with that company in the past but I don’t know if they are just brokers, or or actually run their own tours.

Edited by c-leg5

On 7/1/2019 at 2:57 PM, mitsugirly said:

Well I had ALMOST decided to just do the xrails to Jade Cavern but considering where we are docking, this is starting to be a headache (us having to take a cab to the International port and then another to the office where you get the xrails...therefore costing us twice each way for a cab) that I'm just not sure what to do.

I just wanted to try something different...then I found this...

A snorkeling tour to El Cielo (which I believe that's where I have read about the sandbar with all the starfish and stingrays that hang out) and it also goes to Palancar Reef and Columbia Reef. It's a company owned by a family that is previously from the US and they have nothing but wonderful reviews. Although I don't care for snorkeling from a boat (unless it's in a shallow area that I can get close to the reef and fish), I hear the El Ceilo area is pretty amazing. 

Anyone been here or did this tour?

I found one tour for El Cielo with 2 snorkel stops but the price is $69 pp. Your review on your company is incredible and for $50 pp would be even better. Can you say who you booked through? Thanks!

On 9/10/2019 at 11:26 AM, crewsweeper said:

Nice review.  Sorry the pictures weren't you high standards.  Guessing just the day and camera settings.

Those belts are....wait for it....floatation belts.  Various manufacturers.  TYR makes a slightly different one that is good for ocean swimming too.  Puts you in the right snorkel position.  Not a PFD, needed for non- or novice swimmers, but for good swimmers these extend your snorkel range.

Thanks. I just hate when I don't get great pictures, but we had a lot of fun and the snorkeling was great.

I figured they were something like that but when I look them up, I don't see anything like what they had (as far as material). You only see the ones that are the smooth vinyl ones and not the one that look like an actual life jacket material. So, I wasn't sure. Thanks for the confirmation.

On 9/10/2019 at 2:11 PM, c-leg5 said:

Did your ship leave from Florida? Did you change ship time before arrival in Cozumel? Or did ship time remain on EDT which would explain meeting time problem. 

Cozumel IS EST year round- i guess they haven't updated their website in a while.

Glad the rest of the excursion worked out -  there have been problems reported with that company in the past but I don’t know if they are just brokers, or or actually run their own tours.

Yes, we left from Florida (Miami) and yes the ship changed time along the route (NCL always does this).

They run their own tours from my understanding. It's a family owned business. I really liked them. They do have a lot of tours they offer, so I thought maybe they used other vendors, but when you read about their excursions...for instance the jeep tour or the buggy tour...you're not in a group following each other, you're on a private tour.

17 hours ago, abodom68 said:

I found one tour for El Cielo with 2 snorkel stops but the price is $69 pp. Your review on your company is incredible and for $50 pp would be even better. Can you say who you booked through? Thanks!

I used Cozumel Cruise Excursions . Net. Despite the name, they are not a broker and are a family owned business and that's just the name they use.

9 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

Thanks. I just hate when I don't get great pictures, but we had a lot of fun and the snorkeling was great.

I figured they were something like that but when I look them up, I don't see anything like what they had (as far as material). You only see the ones that are the smooth vinyl ones and not the one that look like an actual life jacket material. So, I wasn't sure. Thanks for the confirmation.

Yes, we left from Florida (Miami) and yes the ship changed time along the route (NCL always does this).

They run their own tours from my understanding. It's a family owned business. I really liked them. They do have a lot of tours they offer, so I thought maybe they used other vendors, but when you read about their excursions...for instance the jeep tour or the buggy tour...you're not in a group following each other, you're on a private tour.

I used Cozumel Cruise Excursions . Net. Despite the name, they are not a broker and are a family owned business and that's just the name they use.

Thanks for the info! Definitely going to check them out!