Quietest Cabin on the Amsterdam

LewiLewi

We will be sailing on the Amsterdam for an extended period of time. I am a very light sleeper and am disturbed by noise.

i would appreciate any input on an Ocean View cabin on either Deck 1 (Dolphin) or Deck 2 (Main Deck) that is a quiet cabin; no engine, thruster, service areas, noise above or below the cabin. If you have a cabin that you would recommend, it would be very appreciative.

Thank you.

Recently on the Amsterdam and overheard a couple complaining about the noise in their stateroom from walkers and joggers above them on Promenade Deck 3. It seems that some folks ignore the "No Jogging" notice that is boldly printed on the walls and the crew does not enforce it. So these folks were bothered by the thumping of people running on Deck 3 early in the mornings. Hope this tidbit of information helps. ✌️

Cruise with Karen and Jim and park yourself next to us. There is no noise between 9:30 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. (unless you count the door to the bathroom being shut a couple of time during the night). We'll be on Tales of the South Pacific - 51 days. Lots of sleep time for you.

Jim

• Like 1

I agree about the noise from above with a Main deck cabin.  It didn't bother us, but it could for a light sleeper.  I would recommend midships on Dolphin Deck which gets you away from the thrusters and the engines.  Those are popular cabins on long cruises and book quickly.

I will never understand why so many people ignore the NO JOGGING signs that u would have to be blind not to see...not only do they bother the guests in rooms below but jogging just does not fit when there are so many older folks milling about on the deck that aren't expecting to go around a corner and get mowed down by some IDIOTS who can't read or think that they are special and don't need to follow the rules.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2019 at 7:18 PM, LewiLewi said:

We will be sailing on the Amsterdam for an extended period of time. I am a very light sleeper and am disturbed by noise.

i would appreciate any input on an Ocean View cabin on either Deck 1 (Dolphin) or Deck 2 (Main Deck) that is a quiet cabin; no engine, thruster, service areas, noise above or below the cabin. If you have a cabin that you would recommend, it would be very appreciative.

Thank you.

It's the morgue, near the potatoes..

• Haha 1

My suggestion is stay between the center stairs and and the forward stairs.  Anything rear of the center stairs runs the risk of greater noise issues.  There is very loud and strongly vibrating machinery at or near 2635 and 2632.  Further back and you get propeller vibration.  I suggest staying between the center and front staircases for best ride and quietest room. 

On 6/8/2019 at 4:50 PM, dockman said:

I will never understand why so many people ignore the NO JOGGING signs that u would have to be blind not to see...not only do they bother the guests in rooms below but jogging just does not fit when there are so many older folks milling about on the deck that aren't expecting to go around a corner and get mowed down by some IDIOTS who can't read or think that they are special and don't need to follow the rules.

Some poeple think the rules do not apply to them if it stops therm from   doing whetever it is   they want.  Of course,,,  ridiculously   selfish.