Whisper Refurbishment what changes have been made

cinbeach

For anyone who has just completed the World Cruise on the Whisper I would love to know what actual Changes were noticed - rooms, furniture, common areas, gym, pool.  

I will be sailing next Month (July) and really have not seen anything referring to the Actual Changes or Enhancements made.  

I will also be on the Shadow in January and that Refurbishment seems much more Intensive with complete re-do's .

Thanks Cindy

New carpets/curtains and new table and chairs in suites.  Two USB port on each side of bed.  Larger TVs.  New chairs/sofas in Bar/Panorama Lounge.  Removal of glass partition at entry to Panorama for a more open area and maybe slightly larger dance floor.  New Awning/canopy outside Panorama for protection against weather.  Many complaints about bar furniture.  Supposedly to be replaced.  New carpet/paneling in hallways and new decor in public restrooms.  New chairs in MDR, about half have arms and half do not.  New tables and chairs in La Terrazza.  New tables for four are oval thus they are crowded with four people.  Some new gym equipment - one rowing machine, two spinning bikes, universal weight machine, three ellipticals, four treadmills.  Pool refurbished with new, more comfortable loungers.  Carpeting on deck nine waling/jogging track replaced with faux teak decking.  I sure there is somethings I missed.  Maybe other WCs can chime in.  Some pics.

DSCN4254.JPG

DSCN4262.JPG

DSCN4263.JPG

DSCN4264.JPG

DSCN4270.JPG

DSCN4271.JPG

DSCN4272.JPG

DSCN4273.JPG

DSCN4274.JPG

DSCN4276.JPG

DSCN4277.JPG

DSCN4278.JPG

DSCN4279.JPG

• Like 4

Well done DCC!  The pictures are worth a thousand words!  The oval tables in La Terrazza are awkward.  It might work better if they put the placemats at the ends of the oval and then two across the sides of the oval. 

Untitled.jpg.074c4143a116f2ed54c5aed5cd55ef04.jpg

The tables for 4 that we sat at from time to time had the placemats arranged side by side along the sides of the oval.  No elbow room in that configuration.

Edited by mysty

No tablecloths at breakfast or lunch in La Terrazza.  New toilets in public restrooms.  Seats on chairs in dining rooms and suites are now vinyl not fabric.  Chairs in silver suites don't have arms.  No USB ports in silver suites next to bed.  Curtain between main door and desk area of silver suite has been removed.

• Thanks 1

DCCruiser57,

In what port were you when you took the exterior pictures with the large suspension bridge behind the ship?  San Francisco?  For some reason I don't recognize it.

Thanks for the pictures.

Outside the Panorama with the white chairs and couches with blue cushions, in the same style as the Muse. Although the area is now protected from the weather it also means that you can no longer enjoy the sun here most of the time.

F176E0A0-62D4-4FAA-A0CB-495C51FD3CF8.jpeg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, nfcu said:

DCCruiser57,

In what port were you when you took the exterior pictures with the large suspension bridge behind the ship?  San Francisco?  For some reason I don't recognize it.

Thanks for the pictures.

It's the Golden Gate bridge.  We left port and after a few hours had to return due to a medical emergency.  That's after we had to leave the dock and anchor so the fuel barge could refuel the ship as the winds were too high at the dock for safe operations. 

21 hours ago, DCCruiser57 said:

It's the Golden Gate bridge.  We left port and after a few hours had to return due to a medical emergency.  That's after we had to leave the dock and anchor so the fuel barge could refuel the ship as the winds were too high at the dock for safe operations. 

Got it!  Thanks again.