Oceania Website No Longer Lists Cuba Cruises

comcox

Just checked the Oceania website and all the Cuba cruises have been deleted.  Also just got a call from Oceania and they are working on plans.  She said they hope to have some additional information in the next days.  So fingers crossed for everyone whatever your wishes may be.

23 minutes ago, comcox said:

Just checked the Oceania website and all the Cuba cruises have been deleted.  Also just got a call from Oceania and they are working on plans.  She said they hope to have some additional information in the next days.  So fingers crossed for everyone whatever your wishes may be.

"Next days" may not be good enough for some. I believe that the cancelation date for Nov 9th Cuba cruise is 6/11?

Those people will have to decide ASAP. What about 7/11 Cuba cruise?

35 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

"Next days" may not be good enough for some. I believe that the cancelation date for Nov 9th Cuba cruise is 6/11?

Those people will have to decide ASAP. What about 7/11 Cuba cruise?

if that is the case then I would cancel   if they were just booking for Cuba

JMO

Have they changed the cancellation time frame  I thought it was 120 days  but you could transfer the admin fee to another cruise

We cancelled our Nov 9 all Cuba cruise a few weeks ago when we first heard that this ban was probably going to be put into place. We didn't want to wonder where Oceania would be taking us instead of Cuba! It is a sad problem to have book to a specific country and then be told you cannot go there!

I know Carnival is not a substitute for Oceania but it was the only other cruise I could find on the same dates as our original airplane tix and goes to islands that I've never visited!

Edited by riffatsea
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Have they changed the cancellation time frame  I thought it was 120 days  but you could transfer the admin fee to another cruise

You are correct - I was looking at longer cruises.

Edited by Paulchili

My wife and I are booked on the July 18 sailing of the Insignia to Cuba.  I just got off the phone with Oceania and was advised that it is altering the itinerary of the cruise to eliminate the Cuba stops.  So even though the new restrictions contained a grandfathering provision for persons who had already paid for travel arrangements, the restrictions on the cruise lines apparently kick in right away without the grandfathering coverage.  It is unclear as to whether a cruise line can apply for a permit or exemption for an already scheduled voyage, but, if so, Oceania does not appear to be doing so.  Although Oceania will be reducing the fare by 50%, given that we have already been to all of the Caribbean destinations, this really sucks.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, comcox said:

No more cruises to Cuba.   Instead,  you may find yourself going to Dominican Republic or Haiti.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

3 hours ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

No more cruises to Cuba.   Instead,  you may find yourself going to Dominican Republic or Haiti.

Yeah, right.  How many more times will you be posting the same thing...on multiple boards.

So now that the ban is in effect, no more speculation new ports of call.   PAXs have been notified by their cruise line: The alternative ports of either Key West, Florida; Costa Maya, Mexico; George Town, Cayman Islands; or Cozumel, Mexico (MSC).   But Labyadee is still in play on some.

So don’t worry where you will be going with Oceania.  I’m sure they will take good care of you..  You will soon be going to a better place.👍🛳

Why are you stalking me on other boards?

Edited by Kingofcool1947