In Bermuda for only 24 hours (4PM-4PM). What would be best to do when?

danak13

It seems most Bermuda stops are for longer.  I am trying to get a good handle on some suggestions of what we should plan when.  For example, will much even be open to go to at 4PM when we get there? Would the beach be better the second day?  

51 minutes ago, danak13 said:

It seems most Bermuda stops are for longer.  I am trying to get a good handle on some suggestions of what we should plan when.  For example, will much even be open to go to at 4PM when we get there? Would the beach be better the second day?  

There won't be much to do when you arrive. Assuming you're at the Royal Naval Dockyard you can  check out the shops in Clocktower Mall or get a bite to eat or a drink at one of the restaurants located in the Dockyard.

Go to the beach the next morning. Take one of the shared minibus shuttles to Horseshoe Bay. Cost is $7 per person in each direction. Horseshoe Bay is one of the world's best beaches and has full facilities...rest rooms, bar, snack bar, and chair and umbrella rental.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

We are having the same quandary: a 7 day Carnival cruise from Port Canaveral that is in Bermuda for 24 hrs, 4pm to 4pm.  Which I assume is ship's time, so 5pm to 5pm local Bermuda time.  At least that adds a bit to the "second" day.

I am thinking we will explore the Dockyard area that first evening, and either go to Horseshoe Bay or Hamilton as early as possible the next morning.  We are photogs, so taking photos of wildlife along the shore near Horseshoe is just as interesting as exploring Hamilton and taking urban shots.

We live in Florida, so we don't need to go to the beach just because it is a beach - plus we are stopping in Grand Turk on this cruise, so we can get our fill of sand there.  I would say that snorkeling near the dockyards would be an option, but I think we'd rather wander around Hamilton.

How much wildlife (sea birds, I'm guessing) are around the dockyards?  Maybe we can get our fill of bird photos that first late afternoon.  Looks like sunset is around 7:30pm local time.

1 hour ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

We are having the same quandary: a 7 day Carnival cruise from Port Canaveral that is in Bermuda for 24 hrs, 4pm to 4pm.

1 hour ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

How much wildlife (sea birds, I'm guessing) are around the dockyards? 

What Carnival ship are you on and what days is it in Bermuda? Not that the official port schedule is infallible, but I can't find any Carnival cruises from Port Canaveral that are scheduled to dock and depart at about those times. Some Carnival cruises from NY, yes, but not from Port Canaveral. I could have overlooked it.

Edit: i think I see the problem with the Bermuda port schedule. Looks like they have the Carnival Breeze as sailing out of NY when it actually is sailing out of Port Canaveral. Am I correct?

By the way the ship is listed as being in port from 4 pm to 4 pm local time so Carnival must be adjusting ship's time to local time in Bermuda, which I understand is fairly unusual for Carnival. 

I don't recall seeing a large number of sea birds in the Dockyard area...some I'm sure, but nothing that caught my eye as a substantial number.

Edited by njhorseman

3 hours ago, njhorseman said:

What Carnival ship are you on and what days is it in Bermuda? Not that the official port schedule is infallible, but I can't find any Carnival cruises from Port Canaveral that are scheduled to dock and depart at about those times. Some Carnival cruises from NY, yes, but not from Port Canaveral. I could have overlooked it.

Edit: i think I see the problem with the Bermuda port schedule. Looks like they have the Carnival Breeze as sailing out of NY when it actually is sailing out of Port Canaveral. Am I correct?

By the way the ship is listed as being in port from 4 pm to 4 pm local time so Carnival must be adjusting ship's time to local time in Bermuda, which I understand is fairly unusual for Carnival. 

I don't recall seeing a large number of sea birds in the Dockyard area...some I'm sure, but nothing that caught my eye as a substantial number.

Indeed, we are on the Breeze in September out of Canaveral.

Hmm, Carnival switching to local time is indeed unusual.  Maybe they do that for overnights as a "best practice"?

On a Kodak moment.

In Hamilton just a couple blocks past the Bus Terminal and International Food market and up the hill is the Fort , usually animals and sop much flora with a great view of the harbor too.

And/or near the Ferry Terminal is the Perot Post Office and across is his land , now a park. Flora and fauna are here too.

Edited by AAAAmerican