What has happened to the Roll Calls?

Suncitygaltx

Looks like two different pages, depending on which way you access the Roll Calls.

The page LHT28 shows the Roll Call page  accessed from the Roll Call section on Cruise Critic Community main page where all the forums are listed.

The page SunCityGalTx shows is the Roll Call page accessed from the "Find Your Roll Call" link at the top of the page (in this forum and on the Cruise Critic Community page.

At least when accessed from a PC and a tablet.

Edited by 1985rz1

55 minutes ago, CintiPam said:

+1. Bingo! (Unfortunately IMO.)

We've noticed this, too.  And unfortunately we have contributed to the problem.  We have taken several of the "free" tours on our cruises since oLife came into the picture (one of which was moderately good and the others were excellent) but we also arranged private tours as well.

However, now that the discrepancy between fares (cruise only vs. oLife) we probably would not do so in the future.  We'd have to check the cost of the "free" tours if we took them, and see if the price differential is worth it.  I suspect that today it would not.

Mura

1 hour ago, Suncitygaltx said:

Nope, and further more, my screen looks entirely different than yours!  Here's a screen shot:

I guess we are accessing  the roll calls from different areas  then

this is  the page  I go to

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/321-oceania-roll-calls/

further more

no need to be snarky

3 hours ago, LHT28 said:

I guess we are accessing  the roll calls from different areas  then

this is  the page  I go to

Yep that's the one I get to from the Cruise Critic page of all Forums when you go to Oceania in the Roll Call section of the Boards.

It looks like the other route (from the "Find Roll Call" link) is:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcalls/

where a pull down list will take you to a line and/or a specific ship.

• Like 1

Hi suncity girl.  I think you're on "my" first cruise, which goes Bali to Sydney.  I was reading about the Healesville Sanctuary excursion you posted.  If I ever do more than just read Cruise Critic I may join you on that one. Anyway, I agree that the roll calls are suffering these days - for whatever reason(s). If you think your roll call is bad, you should see the ones for my cruises - Bali to Sydney and Sydney to Auckland!  But I'm hoping things change at least a little as all of us Australia cruisers get closer to December.  If not, we may not even have enough people for a shared excursion or a meet and mingle, which is kind of sad. But at least for Aus and NZ, there seem to be many decent tour options that don't require an individual to get a group together to make sure the tour is a go or is affordable.  Therefore, I'm not stressing on the lack of response to roll calls.  However, I have been wondering, like you, where the heck people are!

19 hours ago, 1985rz1 said:

Looks like two different pages, depending on which way you access the Roll Calls.

The page LHT28 shows the Roll Call page  accessed from the Roll Call section on Cruise Critic Community main page where all the forums are listed.

The page SunCityGalTx shows is the Roll Call page accessed from the "Find Your Roll Call" link at the top of the page (in this forum and on the Cruise Critic Community page.

At least when accessed from a PC and a tablet.

Nope, didn't help when I went tot he CC Community main page and went to the Roll Call section.  I still got the same format!  Weird, I say.  Still waiting for response from CC Support.  However, I really don't care as much anymore, because I think we've finally nailed down our O shore excursions and our private excursions.  And we still have a little OBC left to cover some wine for dinner on several nights!

1 hour ago, Suncitygaltx said:

Nope, didn't help when I went tot he CC Community main page and went to the Roll Call section.  I still got the same format!  Weird, I say.  Still waiting for response from CC Support.  However, I really don't care as much anymore, because I think we've finally nailed down our O shore excursions and our private excursions.  And we still have a little OBC left to cover some wine for dinner on several nights!

Yes weird.  Does your browser show these two URLs?

What happens if you click in the links in this post?

Edited by 1985rz1

8 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

Yes weird.  Does your browser show these two URLs?

What happens if you click in the links in this post?

That first link is for the Roll Calls of Oceania Cruise Line specifically, the second link is for the Roll Calls of ALL cruise Lines.  

Edited by StanandJim

I believe one of the original questions on this thread is how to view the newest post. Within that thread, I click on the time below the poster’s name that shows when the post was submitted. No need then to scroll to the end. The newest post appears first. It’s what I do to keep it simple. 

20 minutes ago, StanandJim said:

That first link is for the Roll Calls of Oceania Cruise Line specifically, the second link is for the Roll Calls of ALL cruise Lines.  

Yes, that is correct.  The pull down menu of this site lets you navigate to Oceania:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcalls/?cruise_line_id=75

or even to the specific ship:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcalls/?cruise_line_id=75&ship_id=287

I probably should have been more specific in my posting of the link.

Edited by 1985rz1

20 minutes ago, sunlover12 said:

I believe one of the original questions on this thread is how to view the newest post. Within that thread, I click on the time below the poster’s name that shows when the post was submitted. No need then to scroll to the end. The newest post appears first. It’s what I do to keep it simple. 

If you click on the blue dot (or star if you've already commented) to the left of the thread title it takes you to the first unread post.

Clicking on the time get you to the last (newest) post, but I think it skips over any other new ones that occurred at an earlier time. So if you want to see them, you may have to scroll backwards.

Edited by 1985rz1

2 hours ago, Suncitygaltx said:

not that it matters  but just curious

are you clicking on the link  at the top of the page  or further down under  ROLL CALLS ?

image.thumb.png.c29d84808d8d868007183bc6e06eafa9.png

Seems odd that is all

45 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

not that it matters  but just curious

are you clicking on the link  at the top of the page  or further down under  ROLL CALLS ?

No, I went to the Roll Call section down in the middle of the page...

I'm moving on to bigger and better things.  We're stopping in Hawaii for two nights in both directions on our way to Australia, and now I need to find a place to stay.  We've been to Waikiki a couple of times, and really don't need to see it again.  On to TripAdvisor...my go to source!

I think part of the problem with the roll calls is that this website has been a hot mess ever since they monkeyed with the format. I suspect that many folks have just drifted away.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, avalong said:

I think part of the problem with the roll calls is that this website has been a hot mess ever since they monkeyed with the format. I suspect that many folks have just drifted away.  

Avalong, I think that you have identified a significant contributor to the problem.  While 'O' Life is clearly a factor, the Roll Calls have not been the same since the modifications to the website.  With numerous O cruises under our belt, and being the organiser of multiple private excursions on each one, the appetite for private excursions seems to have almost dried up.  There are a few active exceptions, but in the main the interest on most threads is pretty desultory.  It is not clear what might need to occur to change this.  Very disappointing for those of us who have a strong attachment to private excursions.