Curious about crafting

true45

Have an upcoming equinox sailing.  It has been a few years since I sailed Celebrity and don't remember if there are any craft sessions?

on Princess I made beaded earrings and necklace and on Oceania took art classes (all no charge).  Fun even with no talent LOL.  I do remember comedy improv which was fun on Celebrity.

Thanks.

85988B60-2B5A-4079-B1A9-353A01C7C063.jpeg

Edited by true45

I am not a crafter (if that is how you say it).  But it sure seems like I frequently see craft sessions in the daily schedules.  Problem is I can't say for certain where I've seen them or if I've seen them on Celebrity.  

Seems like an enjoyable activity.  I'm sure you will get some good responses soon. 

• Thanks 1

On a few cruises they had colouring sessions (pencil crayons and pictures were made available - this was an adult activity).  I tried one and found it very relaxing.  Recently they seem to have watercolour painting classes.  We also went to a scrap booking session once.  They gave us a little book and all the bits and we put it together.  It was a way to spend an hour, but I didn't end up with something I want to keep forever.  :)  There are no guarantees as to which might be available on any given cruise.  

• Thanks 1

They now have a Craft Area on some ships.  

It serves craft beer.  

Agree that it is a nice way to relax and enjoy a cruise but the extra weight due to it isn’t anything I want to take home or display.  🤗

Drink up 🍻🍹🍷🍸🥂🍾🥃

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, miched said:

They now have a Craft Area on some ships.  

It serves craft beer.  

Agree that it is a nice way to relax and enjoy a cruise but the extra weight due to it isn’t anything I want to take home or display.  🤗

Drink up 🍻🍹🍷🍸🥂🍾🥃

Maybe craft beer with crafts to bring home?? 👩🏻‍🦳🍺🖼

We were on constellation in March. There was one scrapbook class with mini acrylic album to decorate but crew member hadn't ever seen them before and was expecting to be able to assist us lol. Also adult coloring offered on a couple of other ships. That's all I have seen.. And I am an avid crafter. I would love more activities. On royal I have done card making, scrapbook, jewelry making. Napkin folding, towel animals origami. Much more choice 

• Like 1

On 6/8/2019 at 2:36 PM, craftymarie said:

We were on constellation in March. There was one scrapbook class with mini acrylic album to decorate but crew member hadn't ever seen them before and was expecting to be able to assist us lol. Also adult coloring offered on a couple of other ships. That's all I have seen.. And I am an avid crafter. I would love more activities. On royal I have done card making, scrapbook, jewelry making. Napkin folding, towel animals origami. Much more choice 

I’m not an avid crafter but I love to try new crafts especially with a good leader.  In Princess, there was a leader for beading, but the class was so crowded I wasn’t close enough to follow her but the other ladies helped me until the class cleared out and the leader was available 😀.  I loved it.  I loved the art classes in Oceania which were also very well attended.  I think Celebrity is missing the boat, hahaha but Anything is possible.  I don’t think it is only an age-thing.  My son-in-law is more crafty than I.

A few years ago on Eclipse dw spent entire 14 day sailing constructing a beautiful origami swan.  Still has it on display.  Unfortunately with the cutbacks in activities staff the only crafts she has been able to find on recently sailings were coloring in picture outlines with water colors or colored pencils.  Sessions were hosted by a very disinterested member of the dance team.

• Thanks 1

Just now, true45 said:

The origami must be beautiful.  I would think that crafting would be an activity that would appeal to passengers and be cost-effective.  Maybe you could upload a pic?  It’s unfortunate when a staff member doesn’t have the right attitude.

i wouldn’t mind a small materials fee either.