Carry on alcohol policy

J18ktleo

Quick question, we just booked last minute and not clear on policy re: bringing wine/champagne onboard.

We can bring 2 bottles/cabin with no charge and after that $18/bottle fee?

If we buy any of the wine packages, do they keep track if we don't finish the bottle for use the next night? (as they do on

a couple of other lines) 🍷

Prefer to avoid the total drink package using nightly Happy Hours and behaving cost wise!!!  😉

Thank you!

11 minutes ago, J18ktleo said:

Quick question, we just booked last minute and not clear on policy re: bringing wine/champagne onboard.

We can bring 2 bottles/cabin with no charge and after that $18/bottle fee?

If we buy any of the wine packages, do they keep track if we don't finish the bottle for use the next night? (as they do on

a couple of other lines) 🍷

Prefer to avoid the total drink package using nightly Happy Hours and behaving cost wise!!!  😉

Thank you!

You are correct about the corkage fee process.

Yes, they keep track of your bottle and will bring it to you at any venue.

To clarify:

It's one bottle free per person 21+ in the cabin.  When I travel solo I only get one bottle without corkage charges.                       

One person=one bottle     3 people=3bottles

~Nancy

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, BobK in NJ said:

What is the policy for bringing on soda or water?

Bring all of the water and soda you wish in your carry-on luggage.  FWIW there is no limit on carry-on pieces of luggage.

On 6/6/2019 at 5:37 PM, oakridger said:

To clarify:

It's one bottle free per person 21+ in the cabin.  When I travel solo I only get one bottle without corkage charges.                       

One person=one bottle     3 people=3bottles

~Nancy

Maybe I can find another person to help carry on another bottle???? 🤣

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, J18ktleo said:

If another passenger happens to bring a bottle your favorite wine  aboard and decides not to drink it, you could most certainly offer the bottles owner your recycling assistance.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Crew News said:

If another passenger happens to bring a bottle your favorite wine  aboard and decides not to drink it, you could most certainly offer the bottles owner your recycling assistance.

Great idea...I can hold up a sign...'Can I reliever you of your extra bottle of wine?' :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, J18ktleo said:

Great idea...I can hold up a sign...'Can I reliever you of your extra bottle of wine?' :classic_biggrin:

It would work much better if you arrange the relieving process and individuals prior to the cruise.

I understand the policy on carrying on one bottle of wine PP an embarkation. If I am willing to pay the corkage, can I pick up additional bottles in port and pay the corkage or will they confiscate and hold them. I am not interested in trying to "sneak" anything on board and am happy to pay the corkage to have what I like to drink available in our cabin. Thanks in advance.

Kathy

52 minutes ago, esmo said:

I understand the policy on carrying on one bottle of wine PP an embarkation. If I am willing to pay the corkage, can I pick up additional bottles in port and pay the corkage or will they confiscate and hold them. I am not interested in trying to "sneak" anything on board and am happy to pay the corkage to have what I like to drink available in our cabin. Thanks in advance.

Kathy

Yes you can pay the corkage.  When I have purchased port in Madeira to take home, however, they have held it and then delivered to the cabin the night before disembarkation.