8 hour white pass railway tour..

picruiser

Hi, Does one need a passport for the 8 hour tour on the white pass railway?  this one goes into the Yukon territory and stops for lunch.  Friends are Traveling with birth cert and a  drivers license.  thanks!

Do you need a passport to go to Canada from the USA?

YES you will need a Passport at the most basic level to go to Canada, AND more important you will have to have a passport to re-enter into the United States. There are programs (Nexus, and the US Passport card) that technically are not full fledged passports that may get one through a US-Canada land border crossing.

We personally have an enhanced drivers license from Washington state that we use to cross the border.

Does anyone have more information on this excursion?  We are booked thru Princess.....bus ride up, train back and will get lunch......my question is, do you get lunch on the train?  Or at one of the stops?  What are the choices?  I really can't find any info.  Thanks!

40 minutes ago, KG2019 said:

Does anyone have more information on this excursion?  We are booked thru Princess.....bus ride up, train back and will get lunch......my question is, do you get lunch on the train?  Or at one of the stops?  What are the choices?  I really can't find any info.  Thanks!

Generally the lunch stop is at Caribou Crossing. Lunch is BBQ chicken with side dishes. They also serve fresh made donuts. Here is a link that you can look at that will give you a feel for the place.

https://www.cariboucrossing.ca/

Edited by karatemom2

Absolutely you need a passport.   I am currently in Skagway today just completed my third trip up to Emerald Lake this year.   Lake Bennett run is my favorite.    

LOTS of bear sightings on all my trips. 3, 3 weeks ago,   5 last week and 2 today.   Plus.  A rare moose on the shore of Emerald Lake.   Only my second time seeing a moose on the Inside Passage in over 75 cruises to Alaska 😀😀😀😀😀