Coffee only package

Jessejo

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 2:01 PM, tere247 said:

I have a different coffee package question.  If I'm on a b2b, will I still be able to get the remainder of the included 15 specialty coffees on the second voyage?  I would assume that the free regular brew would not be included.  

Our experience in November - December 2018 (we did a B2B2B on the Caribbean Princess) is that the coffee package was rolled over to the next voyage (and the next).

• Thanks 1

On 6/9/2019 at 12:21 PM, newcruiser551951 said:

This is my first cruise on Princess and I purchased the coffee package.   I am so confused. 

I know that the specialty coffees (e.g., lattes) count as one of the 15 drinks

But do the: 

Mighty Leaf Tea

Barista Specialty Mixes 

Iced Tea Infusions

count as one of the 15 drinks? 

What is the difference between brewed coffee and coffee in the buffet or MDR?

If there is a difference and brewed is better, it is part of the 15 drinks in the package? 

What about hot chocolate? 

I know these are a bunch of questions, and I thank you in advance for trying to straighten me out on the package.

It is my understanding that you are only debited for the coffee drinks. The regular coffee is brewed and is unlimited with the package. The coffee in the dining rooms and buffet is made from syrup.

Edited by denmarks

On 6/9/2019 at 12:21 PM, newcruiser551951 said:

This is my first cruise on Princess and I purchased the coffee package.   I am so confused. 

I know that the specialty coffees (e.g., lattes) count as one of the 15 drinks

But do the: 

Mighty Leaf Tea no

Barista Specialty Mixes yes

Iced Tea Infusions yes

count as one of the 15 drinks? 

What is the difference between brewed coffee and coffee in the buffet or MDR? brewed vs syrup

If there is a difference and brewed is better, it is part of the 15 drinks in the package? Free any size brewed coffee, cream & milk on counter / delivered with drink. Also no charge. Not sure about soy as I use heavy cream

What about hot chocolate? Free any size hot chocolate with or without additional cream

I know these are a bunch of questions, and I thank you in advance for trying to straighten me out on the package.

Yes I love real cream with my coffee / cocoa

Edited by Ombud

7 hours ago, meatloafsfan said:

Our experience in November - December 2018 (we did a B2B2B on the Caribbean Princess) is that the coffee package was rolled over to the next voyage (and the next).

Thank you.  Good to know

I had more than one card, cause I bought it to use for the fresh brewed. On my last cruise, I took to drinking lattes to use the punches up....BUT our next Princess cruise is not till next year...1. I will lose 27 lattes  I paid for.     2. We were given a partial credit (not pure refund) for 200$ with an expiration date from a Princess tour that had a lot of negatives. Gone cause we did not cruise before THEIR deadline. Lost 200$ there.  3. We were refunded our 200$ FCC because we did not sail in the two years, they would not extend it. So we miss out on additional OBC there.....We are Platinum BTW....I have Princess stock AND tons of Princess CC points....but when we sent our newlyweds on a 2 week European c

cruise- we chose a Celebrity cruise for them. If Princess is going to pinch my money....well I'll spend mine elsewhere...after I use up my points....I no longer prefer Princess as my cruise line of choice....

Edited by BratDet
missed clarification
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BratDet said:

I had more than one card, cause I bought it to use for the fresh brewed. On my last cruise, I took to drinking lattes to use the punches up....BUT our next Princess cruise is not till next year...1. I will lose 27 lattes  I paid for.     2. We were given a partial credit (not pure refund) for 200$ with an expiration date from a Princess tour that had a lot of negatives. Gone cause we did not cruise before THEIR deadline. Lost 200$ there.  3. We were refunded our 200$ FCC because we did not sail in the two years, they would not extend it. So we miss out on additional OBC there.....We are Platinum BTW....I have Princess stock AND tons of Princess CC points....but when we sent our newlyweds on a 2 week European c

cruise- we chose a Celebrity cruise for them. If Princess is going to pinch my money....well I'll spend mine elsewhere...after I use up my points....I no longer prefer Princess as my cruise line of choice....

Kind of sounds to me like you screwed yourself

8 hours ago, BratDet said:

Dear BratDet,

I so so agree with you. We bought a few too. Many punches left those cards had cartoon like characters. Princess part of Carnival  CCL :NYSE/LSE could Create Cruise Coffee Cards..!

Ah added Revenue and FREE P.R.

Maybe the lines are becoming like NJ now as you know Mr. Murphy is more than a lout about..

Edited by AAAAmerican

8 hours ago, BratDet said:

Let me get this right: you bought $200 in FCD to use within 24 months but you did not book a cruise so Princess refunded your $200? So no cost to you and you're complaining?? And you don't have Princess stock you have CCL shares

• Like 1

Silly little fellow cruisers...was just sharing how Princess policies affected my cruising choices. Yes, I definitely screwed myself by choosing to sail a full suite on Celebrity each year..instead of cruising Princess to use up my 27 lattes.....and lost the value of my FCC and 200$ credit from a fail of an excursion.......but somehow I'll get thru it....hahaha  by cruising again with Celebrity...I love these boards for all the info ppl share....been on these boards since my first Celebrity cruise in 2006....then it was mostly Princess...and a Carnival and RCCL tossed in for good measure....I would have sailed again Princess sooner, and not lost out at all- but they removed a port I specifically wanted in my next European cruise...so it is back again next year.....and we booked....now I have to find a fellow cruiser to share my 2 coffee cards with sailing before end of August...

On 6/20/2019 at 3:30 AM, Ombud said:

Let me get this right: you bought $200 in FCD to use within 24 months but you did not book a cruise so Princess refunded your $200? So no cost to you and you're complaining?? And you don't have Princess stock you have CCL shares

Don't worry, I know the difference between CCL stock and the RCL stock as I have owned both.....and I know what cruise companies fall under each umbrella.......I just simply call it Princess stock BECAUSE I bought it years ago for sailing Princess. And leaving 200$ as FCC for two years could have been invested elsewhere and made money or saved me money elsewhere- so- your statement is incorrect....Happy cruising to you!