Kenai Fiord Tour

peggy1

We took the tour 2 days ago and it was the best excursion ever.  The weather was magnificent and the scenery unreal.  We saw pods of orca and humpbacks whales, sea lions, seals, otters, puffins.  The islands and coast line, caves, water color were spectacular.  The crew was great and the lunch was very tasty and the warm cookie on the return was welcome.  The glacier, Hobard ? was the bluest and white glacier I've seen and the calving sounded like a shotgun and then the size of a house dropped into the water.  We could I'm sure never find all the perfect events of that day duplicated and consider ourselves very lucky.  However, even on a cold, misty day I'm sure you'd see just as much wildlife.  The captain communicates with other boats and they are alerted where to head and they know where to find the pods.  It was simply the best.  I know this sounds like an ad for them but they don't need it.  Do yourself a favor and do this one.

• Like 2

I'm on this excursion next Friday.  I've had some really beautiful weather on this cruise before.  Also, one day when it was not so nice and it was still a great trip.  People who blow into and out of Seward without taking this trip are really missing out.

• Like 1

See are booked with Major Marine 6 hour tour on July 8

looking forward to seeing orcas and humpbacks and other native wildlife 

looking to get comments on this tour

We did this cruise just a couple of days ago, the National Parks Tour. Weather was perfect and no one was seasick. The Glacier at the end was stunning, and we were so close to it. The lunch we had was a chicken wrap with crisps, chocolate and a muesli bar which was perfect. We saw everything there was to see, including many many orcas and whales. I have a couple of photos that shows seven Orcas together. Seals, otters, puffins and many other birds. 

It wasn’t the Major Marine Tour but the other large one. I think they all work cooperatively anyway. 

6A7451A5-80CA-4B0A-A5DA-3B0010E1FED4.jpeg

36EE78C9-750D-462E-B4CC-BCF20D9950F4.jpeg

02BB3674-091D-40CF-93E9-9A61C33B7AA7.jpeg

8BC2821C-4C69-474C-BA59-C301D6066A88.jpeg

AFDA9D15-C111-4ADF-8454-747DF556D9E4.jpeg

98063B75-72D6-480A-B816-875CF1692498.jpeg

Edited by Pushka
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, pennychipps said:

What company did you use? This was out of Seward, right?

Kenai Fiords Tour and it's right in Seward opposite the ships.  It really is in walking distance,