Guaranteed cabins

wlewis5038

I don't care where I end up on the ship and will frequently book guarantees. I booked my upcoming back-to-back cruises on the Island Princess at the last minute. There was not an inside cabin that showed up as available for both legs. I didn't mind taking the chance that I would have to move cabins and it was a lot less expensive than booking an ocean view cabin that was available. I found out a few nights ago that Princess assigned me to one of those ocean view cabins. I'm thrilled.

If you want a wide choice of cabins, you need to book early.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wlewis5038 said:

Why doesn't Princess show which cabins they have, instead of offering guaranteed cabins?   If we are going to spend $20,000 for a cruise, at least I'd like to know where we are going to be.

As I understand it, there may be NO cabins (in your category) available -- all booked! -- but they're hoping that they can get some booked in your category to pay more for an upsell. If they can't, then YOU would get the upgrade without paying more. So that's the turnip that's being held out for you.

Keep checking back; if enough people buy the upsell, they might list the availables again. Have seen that happen on some line or other.

went looking  to  see what  cabins  were still available  for  our  November cruise,  we  booked a guarantee inside IB  quite  encouraged to see that there are only a handful of IB   cabins  left,   here's  hoping  for  an upgrade,,,