Automatically "following" threads

Moriah

I asked about this recently, but I don't think I phrased my question correctly, so I'm trying again. 

It used to be that if you replied or commented in a thread, you were then automatically "following" that thread.  This is no longer true, apparently. I DO get notifications of activity in threads that I am following. However, in order to follow them, I have to click the "follow" button, and that includes threads where I have already participated.  So my question is, where do I have to set my preference to automatically follow any thread I have replied in?  Thanks in advance for any help.

28 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

This wasn’t helpful in your last thread?  You can set your defaults under Automatically Follow Content.

Thank you!! Don't know how I missed this in the first thread I posted.  Being lame, sorry.  I can't figure out how I "unchecked" those - because it seemed to change. But anyway, they are checked now, so thanks for leading me back there!

1 minute ago, Moriah said:

Thank you!! Don't know how I missed this in the first thread I posted.  Being lame, sorry.  I can't figure out how I "unchecked" those - because it seemed to change. But anyway, they are checked now, so thanks for leading me back there!

No worries!  You probably didn’t uncheck them.  Sometimes defaults get dropped when they are doing updates on the system.

I followed Miss G's instructions in the first thread, but I still don't get e-mails. My followed threads are set for "notification and email"; I changed some to "one email a day" to see if I would get that, but no. If I am IN cruise critic when a message is posted, there is a brief pop-up, but I am not in CC all of the time (I try tho'!). Not in my spam filter, just not being sent. 

43 minutes ago, Moriah said:

41 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

No worries!  You probably didn’t uncheck them.  Sometimes defaults get dropped when they are doing updates on the system.

*Miss G* helped me last month when I was having the opposite problem (getting tons of notifications because I was automatically "following" any thread I posted on).  Unknown to me, my defaults got dropped -- everything has been great since her help!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, crystalspin said:

I followed Miss G's instructions in the first thread, but I still don't get e-mails. My followed threads are set for "notification and email"; I changed some to "one email a day" to see if I would get that, but no. If I am IN cruise critic when a message is posted, there is a brief pop-up, but I am not in CC all of the time (I try tho'!). Not in my spam filter, just not being sent. 

Hmmm frustrating.  I immediately started getting the emails again after I checked the proper notification boxes.  I was going to say check spam, but you already did...

I am not getting any emails, either, although I have done everything I could think of.  Half the time I'm not allowed to post, either, the "submit reply" changes to "saving" and then just goes back to "submit reply".  So I don't know if this will post....

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Half the time I'm not allowed to post, either, the "submit reply" changes to "saving" and then just goes back to "submit reply".  So I don't know if this will post....

I'm having the same problem. Sometimes I can post, and sometimes I can't. Once I can't post in a given thread, I can't seem to be able to post there at all. Not if I open a new window, close down and reboot, even shut down and wait until the next day. That's even true when I have previously posted in a thread.
So, it's not just you.