Labadee Cabanas

I am confused on the difference in cabanas / location on Labadee.   Is there anywhere I can go to see the differences?  The prices range quite a bit and I want to see where all the cabanas are located prior to making a decision.  Thanks in advance.

The cabanas are located on either Barefoot Beach or Nellies Beach. Barefoot Beach is reserved for Suite guests and Pinnacle members only. The bungalows are located on Columbus Cove beach, and the Beach Beds are located on Adreneline Beach.

As you stand on the pier and look to your right, the beaches are (in order) Barefoot, Nellie's, Columbus Cove. Adreneline Beach is located on the ocean side of the peninsula. 

There are "over-the-water" cabanas, beach cabanas  (Barefoot & Nellies) and also hilltop and standard cabanas at Barefoot Beach.

We have had a cabana on Nellie's Beach (standard) and Barefoot Beach (Beach, B2) and a beach bed on Adrenaline Beach (twice). For us, accessibility was the biggest issue in choosing the location of the cabana. The over the water & hilltop cabanas are harder to get to if someone has any mobility issue. 

For us, if there are 6 or more of us, a cabana is worth it. When it is just the two of us, we get the beach bead which is 1/3 the cost.

mac_tlc

Labadee-Haiti--Map.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you for all of this information.  This is perfect.   In regards to the hill top cabanas, I have not been able to see any pics of them.  Do they have direct access to the water?  Is the area secluded, or can anyone go in the area?

The hilltop ones on Barefoot Beach are at a higher elevation than the beach and have an inclined path to get to them. As I recall they do not have direct water access but have great views because of their elevation. 

Anyone on Barefoot Beach or Nellies can walk by the cabanas, the standard ones having a little more traffic around them.

The over the water or hilltop ones would have far fewer folks just walking by. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

11 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

The hilltop ones on Barefoot Beach are at a higher elevation than the beach and have an inclined path to get to them. As I recall they do not have direct water access but have great views because of their elevation. 

Anyone on Barefoot Beach or Nellies can walk by the cabanas, the standard ones having a little more traffic around them.

The over the water or hilltop ones would have far fewer folks just walking by. 

mac_tlc

When you had the cabana on Barefoot Beach were you able to book in advance or did you book on board?

16 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

When you had the cabana on Barefoot Beach were you able to book in advance or did you book on board?

When we had the cabana on Barefoot Beach, we were lucky enough to be in Star Class, so when our genie contacted us. I specifically requested cabana B2. We had 8 of us ranging in age from 59 to 1, so the easy beach access was important. 

I’ll post a link link to some pictures. 

mac_tlc

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/10/2019 at 7:41 PM, mac_tlc said:

Anyone with similar detail re: Nellie's Beach?  We had originally booked an OTW cabana but "upgraded" to a beachfront cabana, assuming the direct beach access would be better for our kids.  The price is EXPENSIVE ($579 for beachfront vs $549 for OTW), but I want to make sure it makes sense.  If the setup is similar to the map above, B1 or B2 would be awesome - truly on the water, vs being behind a ton of beach chairs.  

On 6/10/2019 at 9:27 AM, mac_tlc said:

When we had the cabana on Barefoot Beach, we were lucky enough to be in Star Class, so when our genie contacted us. I specifically requested cabana B2. We had 8 of us ranging in age from 59 to 1, so the easy beach access was important. 

mac_tlc

We booked when we were Sky class , requested and recieved B2. This did not change after our Royal Up bid and subsequent upgrade to Sky class. We contacted the concierge 3 weeks prior to sailing

We love the Barefoot Beach area of Labadee.  So in 2015 when our DD brought along our soon to be SIL for his first ever cruise, we wanted to make it even more special so we reserved over the water cabana W3.  This sailing was on Oasis before the implementation of the new suite class system.  Then in 2017 we decided to splurge for my parents’ anniversary vacation on Freedom (new suite class system did not apply on this ship) and reserved beachfront cabana B1.

Both times there were 4 of us using the cabana.  Both times we made an initial contact to the Concierge a few months out, recognizing that it was too early to make the actual reservation...but we simply wanted to express our interest.  In both cases the Concierge asked that we follow up again about 1 month before sailing (which we did) and then about a week before sailing the Concierge reached out to us to make final arrangements.  In both cases it was mostly a matter of back/forth communication to make it happen, but we felt that it was worth the extra $$ (not pre-pay, but charged to our cabin onboard) for the special occasions and since we had more than the two of us to enjoy.

That said, we would do it again in a heartbeat...ENJOY!

On 6/10/2019 at 9:27 AM, mac_tlc said:

mac_tlc

Thank you for posting the photos.  What was special about B2?  8 of us will be in SKY class and would love to rent a cabana on Barefoot Beach.  One will be in her own wheel chair.  What are our chances of renting a cabana and is there one not to far from path/walkway?

Here is a more detailed map of the cabanas on Barefoot Beach. 

W = over-the-water

H=hilltop

B=beach

S=standard

Are S5 or S8 anywhere near the path/walkway?  What is the green line?

barefoot-beach-cabana-map.jpg

1 hour ago, Snit13 said:

Are S5 or S8 anywhere near the path/walkway?  What is the green line?

The green line is the pathway. The buffet is located roughly  behind S4. 

Edited by mac_tlc

On 6/9/2019 at 6:43 PM, mac_tlc said:

The cabanas are located on either Barefoot Beach or Nellies Beach. Barefoot Beach is reserved for Suite guests and Pinnacle members only. The bungalows are located on Columbus Cove beach, and the Beach Beds are located on Adreneline Beach.

As you stand on the pier and look to your right, the beaches are (in order) Barefoot, Nellie's, Columbus Cove. Adreneline Beach is located on the ocean side of the peninsula. 

There are "over-the-water" cabanas, beach cabanas  (Barefoot & Nellies) and also hilltop and standard cabanas at Barefoot Beach.

We have had a cabana on Nellie's Beach (standard) and Barefoot Beach (Beach, B2) and a beach bed on Adrenaline Beach (twice). For us, accessibility was the biggest issue in choosing the location of the cabana. The over the water & hilltop cabanas are harder to get to if someone has any mobility issue. 

For us, if there are 6 or more of us, a cabana is worth it. When it is just the two of us, we get the beach bead which is 1/3 the cost.

mac_tlc

You mention accessibility; we have rented a Beach Bungalow (assumptively in Columbus Cove) and wonder if you have any thoughts about the accessibility there? I use a cane and can't walk long distances on sand...

On 6/9/2019 at 8:33 PM, 2cmu92 said:

Thank you for all of this information.  This is perfect.   In regards to the hill top cabanas, I have not been able to see any pics of them.  Do they have direct access to the water?  Is the area secluded, or can anyone go in the area?

We've enjoyed Hilltop cabana H-1 Suite beach in Labadee.. Great view and very secluded.  A little walk up a short walkway, a couple of small stairs.

P1010616.JPG

P1010625.JPG

• Like 1

I know this thread refers to the cabanas but does anyone have any comments about the beach bungalows on Labadee? Just reserved one for us, family and friends (6-8 of us). I thought it would be nice to have a nice shaded place to plop us and/or our stuff down vs trying to find a good spot for several chairs. Also, like the fact that a cooler full of bottled water, 2 floating mats and towels are all provided! We all have drink packages, so also wondering if the "attendant" provided is usually available to make bar runs for us? He/she will be tipped nicely for taking care of us!😉 Thanks for any info!

On 7/1/2019 at 3:09 PM, CatLadyFemme said:

You mention accessibility; we have rented a Beach Bungalow (assumptively in Columbus Cove) and wonder if you have any thoughts about the accessibility there? I use a cane and can't walk long distances on sand...

There is a sidewalk up to near where the bungalow desk is, but beyond that it's beach / sand to each bungalow.  Depending on which bungalow you're in, it could be anywhere from 20-150 feet of sand-walking, I'd estimate.

• Like 1

We have 2 beach bungalows reserved for our family of 14 on Oasis.  We would like them to be next to eachother but have read that we need to wait until we are onboard to reserve our location.  We are Diamond+  and am wondering if the Concierge would be able to assist us in getting bungalows together.  

39 minutes ago, wwjd1947 said:

We have 2 beach bungalows reserved for our family of 14 on Oasis.  We would like them to be next to eachother but have read that we need to wait until we are onboard to reserve our location.  We are Diamond+  and am wondering if the Concierge would be able to assist us in getting bungalows together.  

You can try, but you have a lower priority than suite guests.

It sounds like the bungalows are first-come, first-served, not pre-assigned.  If you have two bungalows paid for under one name, I would hope that they would automatically put them together, but if not, you can also arrive early in the morning and select which bungalows you get.

If you get there and your bungalows are not side-by-side, I'd bet that someone would be willing to switch with you, just to avoid being in the middle as family members go back and forth between bungalows.  They're not that far apart, and it would be super-simple to move your beach bag and towel from one bungalow to another.  

I'm not sure how much (if any) contact a concierge (Diamond or Suite) would be able to have with the bungalow attendants who assign the bungalows, although you could certainly ask if they can contact the ShoreEx desk to make a note on the list of names that goes ashore.