CAS and free air

skeeter195

Hello all.  I have a question about CAS and free air.  If someone books and inside through CAS then upgrades to a balcony would that entitled them to free air?  I have an NCL poker challenge voucher(which comes with an inside cabin) for my son which we will upgrade for him and was wondering about the air.

Thanks

unfortunately, no.  You're only entitled to the perks at the level of the original comp you receive.  So even if upgrade to a balcony, you'll still only get one free at sea perk, and no free air.  The price that they would charge you to upgrade to a balcony might be higher than just booking the balcony outright anyway.  I've been quoted some ridiculous upgrade prices lately

I guess I miss the days when upgrades to balcony were $200 PP, which wasn't that long ago.  I've been quoted $1000 for my last two cruises (even as a solo traveler) to upgrade from inside to balcony, so it's hasn't been worth it to me.  I actually enjoyed the insides (especially the darkness).  The only reason I used to do the upgrade was because it was only $200, so why not

On 6/10/2019 at 12:36 PM, Nola26 said:

Actually my guess is airfare will be less than the upgrade fee. I am paying $1,000 to upgrade to a balcony on the Epic in March.

$1,000 total, not per person. Still expensive but didn't want to give the wrong impression here. In the past I think we paid $600 total. 

Taking my partner on our first cruise together, request is for a balcony so I am happy to oblige. Hoping we can cruise together going forward. Currently I sail solo or with family.