Disembarked QM2, but never got the chance to give feedback.

Seenie

@Host Hattie was also on this trip - I wonder what her impressions were? 

Personally I am finding this hard to believe - I have sailed QM2 under three different captains (Wells, Philpin and Hashmi) and always the atmosphere was upbeat and the service stellar. Every time I have sailed I actually got both a paper and an email questionnaire. One time I even got a phone interview (quite pleasant). 

We have just returned from Roundtrip 3rd-17th November and we did not receive a paper questionnaire but did receive one by e-mail within 24hrs of returning home. With regards to QM2 the food in Britannia MDR was excellent throughout the cruise and the first week of cruise was excellent with good atmosphere and choice of activities throughout the ship. The second week the whole atmosphere was totally different but do not think it was down to anything Cunard did just the ship felt it had been chartered out by Literature theme with no thought of those who had booked prior to knowing of theme or who had no interest. Everything in every public room including films were connected to the Literature theme. 

4 hours ago, IB2 said:

I was on the eastbound TA late last month under Cap Hashmi and there weren't any such issues then.

My earlier comments referred to the EBTA on 10 Nov 19.  I did wonder whether a different Captain was the issue with the crew as my round trip earlier in the year was Captain Hashmi and they were fine then.  But having seen majortom's report of the atmosphere being much better the week before, perhaps it was down to the 'Literature Festival'.

When I booked it was simply as transport home, I had no idea about the 'festival'.  When I did find out about it I thought it could be interesting, but I didn't realise just how much it would completely take over.  As majortom says, it did feel as if the ship had been chartered out.  I thought that for anyone sailing QM2 for the first time, not connected to the 'festival', it could be quite disappointing not to have the option of a planetarium show or the usual variety of speakers.  I certainly don't think they got the full QM2 experience.

Perhaps the downside of a themed crossing is that, if you are a regular passenger not on the ship because of the theme, it overwhelms the QM2 experience and biases the character of the passenger base?

6 hours ago, IB2 said:

Perhaps the downside of a themed crossing is that, if you are a regular passenger not on the ship because of the theme, it overwhelms the QM2 experience and biases the character of the passenger base?

We have done "theme" crossings before on QM2 and they have never overwhelmed the crossing as much as the Literature one did last week.

• Like 1

I often wonder why I bother filling out the surveys. Cunard has left me with the impression that no-one reads them or, if they do, no-one cares.  But I do complete them because we always receive excellent service and it is important to give credit to the fine crew and hope that, at least some of the time, someone does make note of this. Also, I always make a comment that it is time the Pol Acker is replaced by an equally inexpensive but more pleasing bubbly. I need say noting further on that subject.

Sending e-mails to customer service seems equally a waste of time. It is not something I do often, but have done so twice this year. On Cunard's Facebook page I made a comment about six months ago regarding our June cruise and was told to send an e-mail.  No response (not even an acknowledgement) was received.   More recently I sent an e-mail about Can. $ fares being mis-labelled as U.S. $ rates, something which could discourage bookings from Canadians. As usual, there was no reply.