Equinox Cabin 6302 2C Reclassified?!

helen haywood

I have read that someone who just sailed on the June 1 Equinox was in cabin 6302, which is listed on deck plans as a 2C cabin...that it was classified as Aqua Class.    They said they ate in Blu.  At first I thought maybe this was some odd instance of an AQ GTY and X ran out of rooms and gave them an AQ Seapass card and so they ate in Blu...  But then I asked if the shower had the multi jet adjustable up and down head and the answer was yes.

Is someone pulling my leg or can anyone confirm there have been some additional AQ cabins added elsewhere than Deck 11 on Equinox?  I’d hate to think more people are going to be in Blu...

I don't know what they've done on Equinox, but I remember reading a couple of threads about a number of verandah cabins on other Revolutionized ships that have been reclassified as Aqua. One that springs to mind was a poster who was very upset because they were  originally booked into a verandah cabin that was classified for 3 passengers, but after the refit and reclassification as Aqua it would only hold 2. They had to change cabins. Sounds like this may have also happened on Equinox.

6 minutes ago, mom says said:

I don't know what they've done on Equinox, but I remember reading a couple of threads about a number of verandah cabins on other Revolutionized ships that have been reclassified as Aqua. One that springs to mind was a poster who was very upset because they were  originally booked into a verandah cabin that was classified for 3 passengers, but after the refit and reclassification as Aqua it would only hold 2. They had to change cabins. Sounds like this may have also happened on Equinox.

I read that they added Aqua cabins to Millennium, which have now been reclassified as 2C, due to noise issues and the new cabins being smaller than other cabins.

Edited by cruiserchuck

The reclassification of cabins after booking seems to be a problem for Celebrity.

Short version:

Our 1.5 year + booked in advance connecting concierge class stateroom cabins were assigned to someone else just a few days prior to sailing... got a call from TA saying one of the rooms (which was to have 3 pax, the other 2) was "reclassified" in the interim as holding only 2 pax and thus the 5 of us could not have those rooms.

unfortunately they could offer us no other connecting CC rooms. Can't do AQ as they only hold 2 each. Much back and forth with "options" offered by Celebrity (including moving nanny and our two young kids into a sky suite on a different floor and us in a different CC room- hahahaha NO!)  held our ground and ended up with two connecting cc balconies just like we'd booked... but what the heck? So much stress. for a while it actually seemed we were not going to be able to go.

On 6/11/2019 at 12:27 PM, Jeremiah1212 said:

I think the poster was either blatantly wrong or making stuff up. Or a combination of both?

Anything is possible.  It would be nice if we could take people at their word.  Maybe I’ll sneak a peek when I’m onboard!

I was the one where our handicapped, aft-Facing cabin for 3 was reclassified as Aqua and now only held 2.

Jim and I were moved to a smaller Aqua cabin for 2 and our guest was flying in the wind with no cabin.

i require a handicapped cabin.  We filled out the Celebrity form and attached a letter from my physician when we booked in January.

i suspect some Celebrity guest with connections had us bumped from our cabin because it was already filled when we called back after the phone message.

Celebrity handled the situation in a totally unacceptable manner insisting we stay in the new cabin for a day and a half until we worked our way up the food chain.

However, our concierge Class cabin was indeed reclassified to Aqua Class.

We eventually got our cabin back from “the entitled” and our friend has a second cabin for his 3rd pax cost.

Ugly Customer Service Celebrity.