Viking Venus Maiden Voyage

Haworth

19 minutes ago, JDincalif said:

We also just received the inaugural voyage booking notice.  Since we're considering some independent travel before and/or after the cruise, our TA was in contact with Viking today. She was told that information regarding such requests as flight date changes or flight upgrades is expected to be available on April 15. 

Thanks for that JD. We received ours this evening too. We'll want to spend some time before in Rome so I was planning to speak with Viking about an earlier flight. We've done Rome many times but that's one city you can never get enough of!

I still have not had a response from CC re a Meet and Mingle for this journey. I read that they aren't usually organised for cruises less than 7 days long. Maybe as it is a freebie they won't offer one? I'll send another message through. If a get-together isn't organised for us all we'll just have to organise our own!

• Like 1

Just found out from my agent that you can add another booking to whatever is currently on your MVJ, so I added the inaugural. Not sure we'll be adding time in Rome before this trip or not. I don't mind it if it's a  pre-cruise package through Viking, but otherwise am not crazy about making independent travel arrangements abroad. I do it all the time in the states but just hesitant elsewhere. We'll be getting back to Rome again the following October (plans to do the Cities of Antiquity) and so for that one will add the pre-cruise extension in Rome). That cruise also allows a day or so in Rome before sailing on. I was hoping Viking might have offered some sort of pre-cruise in Rome but it appears not. 

Edited by OnTheJourney