Skagway -- walk up excursions available?

ute_fan

I'm curious.  We have a rental car reserved in Skagway, but someone in our Facebook group didn't get a reservation and they're all booked up.  I know in Juneau you can walk off the ship and get tours to Mendenhall Glacier, whale watching, etc. right at or near the dock.  Does that happen in Skagway too?  I guess what I'm asking (for some who may have left it too late) is if there are options if you didn't get a car or tour prebooked.

I remember walking past several little booths selling same-day excursions. We didn't investigate much else so I can't comment on price or variety available, but we saw at least 2 or 3 booths on the way into town. There's probably more if you're looking for them.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, verobay said:

I remember walking past several little booths selling same-day excursions. We didn't investigate much else so I can't comment on price or variety available, but we saw at least 2 or 3 booths on the way into town. There's probably more if you're looking for them.

Thank you!  That was what I was wondering.  We've always had something booked and I haven't paid attention to whether there were any available.

7 minutes ago, AlanF65 said:

It might also be dependent on how many ship /passengers are in port. if Ovation and 2-3 other ships are there lots of people in town.

Good point.  The NCL Bliss and NCL Joy are both big ships and are in port that day, along with the Golden Princess and Radiance of the Seas.