Are nice jeans appropriate for embarkation dinner in Tamarind?

dcsam

In trying to beat the crowds, we made 5:30 pm reservations at the Tamarind on the evening of embarkation.  For Eurodam. Alaska.   Just want to be comfortable after a long day, but don’t want any ‘looks’.  Are nice jeans appropriate?  Best to change?

Thank you!

You bet! Nice jeans with a collar are good any night in Tamarind particularly on embarkation day at 5:30. We go to any specialty with nice jean's/jacket/shoes even on gala nights and have never once felt out of place. Always some folks are way under dressed,  and always the people we compliment for the effort in tuxes and gowns that look great. Somewhere in the middle for us has always worked.           

Absolutely, they are appropriate any non Gala night at any restaurant. I will be in jeans for our embarkation dinner at Canaletto next month on the Noordam. We have a long day of travel to get to Vancouver and we booked a 5:30 reservation too, because it will be 7:30 for us with the time difference and probably no lunch that day.

BTW Tamarind is our favorite specialty restaurant of any cruise line and we will miss not having it on the Noordam. We usually book it more than 1 night. The horseradish crusted beef tenderloin  is better than any steak in the PG. The sushi is also excellent. Have a great cruise.

You'll love the Tamarind, it's out of the way and quiet.

I wore jeans in the Pinnacle for lunch and felt under dressed compared to the people around me, but that's just me.  I'm sure it's fine, especially on an embarkation day.

Just back off the Koningsdam. It would appear you can now wear shorts up to your bottom, torn jeans and tatty tshirts on a gala night!  So your jeans will be fine. Really put me off HAL. We hadn't been with them for 4 years and this is just one thing that has changed.  Sadly it looks like it is me being behind the times and expecting people to turn up for dinner clean and with 'smart casual' attire. Just got our bronze medal too!

Teresa