Delivery fee

TIMJRTAMPA

So I just ordered some beverages and gifts to be delivered to our room on the first day and was kind of shocked the delivery fee was $50! I just ordered $275 worth of stuff. I think that is an absolute joke!! If my family hadn’t already picked stuff out I would not have ordered it and I guarantee I won’t ever again. 

Am I wrong to not expect a delivery fee on something delivered to our room?? Especially $50 damn dollars! 

418D1704-FD16-4331-8B28-7E2F212929C0.png

Edited by TIMJRTAMPA
Wrong price

You really have no choice. As with everything on the cruises if they have figure out a way to pull more money from you for something you want they will. There is now a delivery charge and I too have curbed what I buy because of it. I have also noticed that they have not introduced any new items so my children have most of the items they sell. As for the food and edibles - you can bring some of the candy from home for a lot less and soda cans you can carry on. That will save you a bit. I also notice that on your bill you are paying tax - change the deliver to the the first night and the tax will drop as you are in duty free waters - most of the time it will be in your room when you get into it. 

Remember you are on vacation so spend a bit - it’s memories and then try to save a bit. 

Happy sailings! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stick93 said:

I also notice that on your bill you are paying tax - change the deliver to the the first night and the tax will drop as you are in duty free waters - most of the time it will be in your room when you get into it. 

I had no idea about this.  Good tip- thanks! 

• Like 1

I just use my points on my Carnival credit card to buy cruise cash. That way its "pre-paid" to the Sail and Sign card. I don't get stuff sent to the room anymore, either. Not really interested in staying in the room anyway. Its just a place to sleep and change clothes.

53 minutes ago, gnegron22 said:

Wow, I had no idea. I always thought of getting stuff delivered but won't now!

My wife usually does it but I did it this time. Never again. No telling how many times I’ve paid that stupid fee. I wouldn’t mind like $10 bucs flat rate but not $50. Hell with that! 

8 minutes ago, TIMJRTAMPA said:

My wife usually does it but I did it this time. Never again. No telling how many times I’ve paid that stupid fee. I wouldn’t mind like $10 bucs flat rate but not $50. Hell with that! 

This only started about 1 year ago. It’s a relatively new thing that people keep rediscovering. It used to be free to deliver. It was changed overnight and people started to notice in their larger purchases even higher prices.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

This only started about 1 year ago. It’s a relatively new thing that people keep rediscovering. It used to be free to deliver. It was changed overnight and people started to notice in their larger purchases even higher prices.  

Gotcha, well this will be the last order they get from me, not that it matters to them. 

5 minutes ago, TIMJRTAMPA said:

Gotcha, well this will be the last order they get from me, not that it matters to them. 

If you want to save a little cash on this order, you could cancel the sprite and carry it on yourselves.   And the sour gummies are available in the candy shop- they're good but maybe not worth a delivery fee.  But if you don't want to mess with what the family wants, I get that too! 

This is just my opinion. Not worth the order price much less the added delivery/restock fee, but a promise (especially to a child) is a promise.

If leaving from Port Canaveral or Tampa you might be better off detouring to Universal's CityWalk paying for parking or Uber and shopping for the Seuss related items there. Then go to a local grocery store and get the sodas, gummies (available in any shape but a funnel), cookies, and the other candies for a 1/5-1/4 of that price. And a dollar store for the cabin decor (which if you don't have a suite) tends to get tiresome to dodge and duck under after a day or 2.

You would need to carry the cans of soda on board as with you, for some an inconvenience, but Carnival charges $10 for a 6 pack where most stores this time of year are selling 12 packs at 3 for $10. And may want the cabin decor in the carry-on also so you can decorate before the child enters it, but all of the other items in you post can go in check luggage..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cruisinmems said:

You can get the funnel gummies in Cherry on Top candy store along with a lot more good stuff your daughter would like picking out.  One of my granddaughters' favorite ship store. :classic_smile:

It seems like kids would love to go into that store and make their own selections.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

You are basically paying the same 18% gratuity as if you had purchased it on board.  But the prices of the items are usually lower in advance. We usually just purchase water to be delivered the day of embarkation.

The prices are the same whether you order in advance or purchase on board.

Bartender reaches in the cooler, and opens your beer bottle = deserves 18%

Employee retrieves your order, travels up from the hull, and delivers it to your cabin before you reach it = WHAT?! 18%?!

I think both are a waste though. I would love the option to pick it up myself and save $50 on already steep prices

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sw33twif3 said:

I just use my points on my Carnival credit card to buy cruise cash. That way its "pre-paid" to the Sail and Sign card. I don't get stuff sent to the room anymore, either. Not really interested in staying in the room anyway. Its just a place to sleep and change clothes.

Good idea I have some to use up.im not planning on sailing with carnival again no time soon after this one.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TIMJRTAMPA said:

So I just ordered some beverages and gifts to be delivered to our room on the first day and was kind of shocked the delivery fee was $50! I just ordered $275 worth of stuff. I think that is an absolute joke!! If my family hadn’t already picked stuff out I would not have ordered it and I guarantee I won’t ever again. 

Am I wrong to not expect a delivery fee on something delivered to our room?? Especially $50 damn dollars! 

418D1704-FD16-4331-8B28-7E2F212929C0.png

I was shocked too, when I ordered something for my husband. Personally I find am sick of Carnival sticking it to us for every cent they can drain out of us. I won't be ordering anything again