Oops, Insignia could be cleaner...

kendon

40 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

The site also lists the history of inspections and this is the first below 92 since 2014 (the furthest the list goes back).  The refurb was apparently one week prior to the inspection, so your suggestion that it may be recovering from all the changes seems to be spot on..  Good site Lyn.  Thanks.

Edited by 1985rz1

9 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

The site also lists the history of inspections and this is the first below 92 since 2014 (the furthest the list goes back). 

that maybe  when she came back from the lease with Hapag  Lloyd

cannot remember  the dates  or maybe was when NCLH  bought  Oceania  😉

If you read the details of the December inspection there are 27 pages of violations with remediation listed for each problem. Some of the issues raised are pretty petty, but some raised by the CDC (eg. mold in an ice machine) seem of some concern.

Will be aboard her in September and hope [and assume] she'll be shipshape by then. Was not a fun read. Don't think I'll mention this to the bride. Don't need two of us white gloving it. Fortunately I will have forgotten the whole thing by then.

• Like 1

Tip:  The article did mention measles which leads me to this,  if you have a doctor's report with proof of immunity,  take it with you.  If there was an outbreak, at least you could get off the ship.

On 6/16/2019 at 12:40 PM, Mura said:

Considering that I had measles when I was 10, and I'm quite a bit older than that now ... not very easy to do!

Simple blood test will confirm if you have immunity Mura.   We have both just had it ...just so we knew if we immuned or not.

We both are😀

Edited by rhohea

On 6/15/2019 at 11:47 AM, rundent said:

Will be aboard her in September and hope [and assume] she'll be shipshape by then. Was not a fun read. Don't think I'll mention this to the bride. Don't need two of us white gloving it. Fortunately I will have forgotten the whole thing by then.

It's been nice and clean since I boarded in January...crew is cleaning constantly. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rhohea said:

Simple blood test will confirm if you have immunity Mura.   We have both just had it ...just so we knew if we immuned or not.

We both are😀

Good to know, Rhonda!  Thanks.

I thank you too, Rhohea, I never would have thought to have to verify immunity and also have a way to prove it by a blood test. Like Mura I go way back, probably having had measles 70+ years ago and my doctor (father) is lamentably long gone.

Is O notifying passengers in their final papers?

6 hours ago, rundent said:

I thank you too, Rhohea, I never would have thought to have to verify immunity and also have a way to prove it by a blood test. Like Mura I go way back, probably having had measles 70+ years ago and my doctor (father) is lamentably long gone.

Is O notifying passengers in their final papers?

What in the world are you talking about re: "notification." in final papers????

4 hours ago, edgee said:

What in the world are you talking about re: "notification." in final papers????

I'm sure final documents aren't saying anything about measles immunity (if that's what the poster means).  Just a good thing to have proof of immunity with you in the event there is an outbreak on the ship so you can be released.  Read this on a recent travel site and thought it was a good idea.

I had assumed that there was a possibility that passengers would be required to prove that they had immunity to be able to go ashore in some ports. I hadn't heard about this prior to reading this thread. Perhaps I didn't understand the reference.