Bow tie woes

siforest65

The harder challenge is to spot Solent Richard in the naval picture.

On 6/18/2019 at 7:19 PM, Lanky Lad said:

I would add that bow ties are not only formal wear.  You can wear a bow tie on any night.

I have decided to follow Lanky Lads advice, I don't like wearing a normal tie with a sports jacket,  even a smart well tailored one so normally my tie is optional. But I think a bow tie will be a nice cavalier touch, of course it it will have to be coloured to match jacket 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Underwatr said:

The two-nighter between Southampton and Hamburg (in either direction) is a bit problematic because Cunard feels it necessary to fit in a formal night although the majority of the passengers will be disembarking the next morning. I think that affects the number of people who make the effort.

I did a similar two-nighter a number of years ago and one night was listed as optional - formal/casual (this was in the days of the three tier dress code). It turned out to be one of the dressiest formal nights I’ve come across. 

On 6/23/2019 at 5:06 PM, Windsurfboy said:

The harder challenge is to spot Solent Richard in the naval picture.

I have decided to follow Lanky Lads advice, I don't like wearing a normal tie with a sports jacket,  even a smart well tailored one so normally my tie is optional. But I think a bow tie will be a nice cavalier touch, of course it it will have to be coloured to match jacket 

"But I think a bow tie will be a nice cavalier touch, of course it it will have to be coloured to match jacket"

Why not Sir...

1020070263_RichardJacketonQM2.jpg.c9a1f4a22d067fa37b38bead48e1aeaa.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/23/2019 at 4:43 PM, Underwatr said:

The two-nighter between Southampton and Hamburg (in either direction) is a bit problematic because Cunard feels it necessary to fit in a formal night although the majority of the passengers will be disembarking the next morning. I think that affects the number of people who make the effort. I also heard that very few people were present at second seating dinner last night, and probably opted for the buffet instead.

I agree, it was tough. Plus I partied too hard and late which made disembarking a bit tough.

Did book another onboard. Atlantic Adventure next April with the ludicrous on board spends. Got 4 further Cunard cruised booked now and heading towards platinum.

• Like 1