Haven Access for non-Haven Guests - Thoughts?

pcakes122

6 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Seaside sails out of Miami....I've sailed on her,  and I'm in no hurry to get back on.  Nightlife being one of the main issues. Now granted, I've only sailed Balcony's on NCL and MSC...no Haven or Yacht Club for me. 

Dear PTC, You do not know what you are missing. MSC Yacht Club will knock that chip right off your shoulder and you will be spoiled for the rest of your life. Yes, the entertainment, I could not run out fast enough listening to that soprano screeching out some opera aria. I get enough of a women screeching at me when I am home, I do not need it on vacation too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, NLH Arizona said:

The Concierge made the first gesture by requesting that the Chef make me the meal and then the Chef offered if I wanted anything else, which I never ask for anything more.  Possibly a question to the Concierge before you go into your meal will help you get what you want.

Good luck.

Dear NLH,  That is the second thing I did when the maitre d' said no to my request for 3 cheese ziti from the Main Dining room menu in the Haven Restaurant.  Am I the only CC member to be on the June 9 sailing in the Haven? I would like to know of their experience before I go ballistic  at my TA.

1 hour ago, rattanchair said:

Dear Big,  That is just great and what I expected as well, but was told 'No' by the maitre d' and the concierge. All I asked for was the 3 cheese ziti on the MDR menu, pre-ordered at lunch for dinner.  I feel I was cheated out of my Haven experience that you all raved about in the Haven Restaurant on our June 9th sailing on the Breakaway.  Thank you for your reply.

Sorry your experience was less.  We have been in the Haven on the Bliss and the Escape, both were equally enjoyable.  Hopefully your next experience will be better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, rattanchair said:

Dear NLH,  That is the second thing I did when the maitre d' said no to my request for 3 cheese ziti from the Main Dining room menu in the Haven Restaurant.  Am I the only CC member to be on the June 9 sailing in the Haven? I would like to know of their experience before I go ballistic  at my TA.

With your request, it could have been that the Concierge didn't want to make the Maitre d' look bad by overridding his decision.  

I would maybe ask the Concierge first, prior to your dinner time, if there was a way to do it.  I would say something like "I've heard that we could possibly get something from the MDR served in The Haven Restaurant and I see they are serving X and it is my favorite,   Is there anyway I could get X here so I can enjoy The Haven Restaurant's superior service.?" 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, rattanchair said:

I would rise from the table, and tell the waiter that I was going to the MDR. At the MDR I would ask for a plate of three cheese ziti without being seated, and then walk back to the Haven with it. I would then resume my seat in the restaurant and eat it. Discussion would inevitably follow.

We had a similar thing happen on the Jewel in La Cucina. One of the waiters told us the bar was closed, and I had to walk down to the pool bar to get DW a glass of wine. I passed the Maitre D' when re-entering the restaurant with the glass of wine, and he inquired if he could be of assistance. I explained about the bar being closed. He had a quite intense discussion with the waiter involved, and we didn't sail with NCL again for the next seven years.

Edited by elwood_98034
Typo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, elwood_98034 said:

I would rise from the table, and tell the waiter that I was going to the MDR. At the MDR I would ask for a plate of three cheese ziti without being seated, and then walk back to the Haven with it. I would then resume my seat in the restaurant and eat it. Discussion would inevitably follow.

We had a similar thing happen on the Jewel in La Cucina. One of the waiters told us the bar was closed, and I had to walk down to the pool bar to get DW a glass of wine. I passed the Maitre D' when re-entering the restaurant with the glass of wine, and he inquired if he could be of assistance. I explained about the bar being closed. He had a quite intense discussion with the waiter involved, and we didn't sail with NCL again for the next seven years.

We all do things diffferently.  I for one think you get more with honey than with vinegar, maybe that is why the Chef came out and told me that if I wanted anything else, just to let him know and he would get it for me.  Everyone should do what works for them.  Because of the way I've always been treated, that is why I sail with NCL.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, NLH Arizona said:

We all do things diffferently.  I for one think you get more with honey than with vinegar, maybe that is why the Chef came out and told me that if I wanted anything else, just to let him know and he would get it for me.  Everyone should do what works for them.  Because of the way I've always been treated, that is why I sail with NCL.

I have no interest in applying vinegar. I would only be seeking my three cheese ziti. How the ship chooses to deal with the peripheral issues is none of my concern. I don't care one way or another. It is up to them as a Service Organisation to practice Service Recovery, and find ways in which they can excel. Or not. That is their choice. I have other choices to make. We all do.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, NLH Arizona said:

I believe you’re more likely to have their staff to bend over backwards for you if you show appreciation for their efforts.

i keep coming back because NCL always provides me excellent service, and I’m appreciative.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

I believe you’re more likely to have their staff to bend over backwards for you if you show appreciation for their efforts.

i keep coming back because NCL always provides me excellent service, and I’m appreciative.

Yep. I would just go and get my ziti and come back and eat it. No drama. If that causes someone to get some career guidance, or whatever, that isn't my problem. I just want the ziti. If they wouldn't get it for me, I would just go get it myself. 

• Like 1

Interesting how this thread turned into a three chees ziti thread :classic_biggrin:

Just my two cents...  Could it be because the dietary restrictions?  I thought I read there was a no or low salt restriction.  That being said, maybe NCL has strict rules on supplying "offending" food when there is a restriction.  Saves them from lawsuits.

I have several food allergies (odd ones like blueberries).  I am always grateful to staff who save me from myself. 

On 6/16/2019 at 2:31 PM, Ticatraveler said:

Checked my reservation for Breakaway June 23.  It shows this message when you go to the restaurant options.  I guess the change took effect immediately. Booked May 26 and it didn't show then.  We are in a Haven cabin that we payed full price for.

We have many reasons to cruise Haven but will have to look elsewhere if we don't feel like we are getting the value as advertised

I've been avoiding this post all week and decided to give it a look this morning.  Really wish I hadn't!  We are on the June 23 sailing in the Haven as well.  Paid for it outright.  I will be really disappointed if we can't get a drink or a meal in a timely manner because the doors have been opened up to others in the form of a specialty dinner experience.  I've really enjoyed NCL and the Haven product but this may just be the tipping point back to Celebrity.

8 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I've been avoiding this post all week and decided to give it a look this morning.  Really wish I hadn't!  We are on the June 23 sailing in the Haven as well.  Paid for it outright.  I will be really disappointed if we can't get a drink or a meal in a timely manner because the doors have been opened up to others in the form of a specialty dinner experience.  I've really enjoyed NCL and the Haven product but this may just be the tipping point back to Celebrity.

You should probably read the whole thread.  The decision was reversed by NCL.   You have nothing to worry about.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

You should probably read the whole thread.  The decision was reversed by NCL.   You have nothing to worry about.

Wow!  Thank you for the info.  I'm clearly late to the party but didn't have it in me to read all 18 pages.  😎

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

32 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Booked Escape a couple of days ago for the 6/23 sailing.  Didn’t show up as an option for me.

I’ve stayed in the Haven on some of my cruises (Away ships).  Great product.  I think they looked at it.  Heard from some of us Haven guests and decided to pull the trial.  Don’t know why you’d feel you shouldn’t have done it.  Service is OUTSTANDING.

You’ll love the Haven.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Issue resolved.  I think we will have a great Haven stay.  Maybe we will enjoy three cheese ziti!

I have just launched a dedicated Three Cheese Ziti thread to stop the hijack of this one.

I think it deserves its own discussion, and hopefully it will get the attention it so well deserves for such an important issue that affects us all in some small way.

Please stop by for a look before you start emailing NCL.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, elwood_98034 said:

I have just launched a dedicated Three Cheese Ziti thread to stop the hijack of this one.

I think it deserves its own discussion, and hopefully it will get the attention it so well deserves for such an important issue that affects us all in some small way.

I'm dying 😂😂😂

8 minutes ago, elwood_98034 said:

Just wondering if this should still be on an NCL board.  🧐  Maybe under Cruise Conversations: Cruise Foodies.   Or perhaps, Cruise Discussion Topics:  "What ever happened to...... My Ziti" ?  Regards Gerry.

• Haha 1

On 6/18/2019 at 9:12 AM, Bigbluegal said:

Not sure about Dawn but you can get cornbread on the Bliss at Q but it is quite different than what we make at home.

💗

As an LSU gal from my residency (Geaux Tigers!), I have learned the value of good cornbread. 

No Q's on board the Dawn, but I just got my Johnny cake fix on Nassau at the Shoal. 

Damn. Fine. Cornbread - Caribbean-style. 

Thank you so much! Amy

• Like 1

On 6/18/2019 at 1:30 PM, TPgal said:

Bwahahahaha....sorry to the poor person who was simply trying to share their experience, but you made me laugh.

Sadly - my DD (an unemployed 9 year old moocher) will also be turning up her nose a the high brow haven food for pizza and  heaven help the staff if she finds out they can cook a grilled cheese. 

💝

14 hours ago, graphicguy said:

🙌

12 minutes ago, amygutman said:

💗

As an LSU gal from my residency (Geaux Tigers!), I have learned the value of good cornbread. 

No Q's on board the Dawn, but I just got my Johnny cake fix on Nassau at the Shoal. 

Damn. Fine. Cornbread - Caribbean-style. 

Thank you so much! Amy

This might deserve it's own thread too. I have learned that you need to be careful what you say on here as some people can get upset very easily.

Feel free to hijack my TCZ thread if you like. I don't mind sharing, and am already getting flamed for having posted it.

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, NLH Arizona said:

With your request, it could have been that the Concierge didn't want to make the Maitre d' look bad by overridding his decision.  

I would maybe ask the Concierge first, prior to your dinner time, if there was a way to do it.  I would say something like "I've heard that we could possibly get something from the MDR served in The Haven Restaurant and I see they are serving X and it is my favorite,   Is there anyway I could get X here so I can enjoy The Haven Restaurant's superior service.?" 

Dear NLH, Thank you for your reply. Very diplomatic of you. We went up to the concierge, Roy P, after dinner and did not mention that we asked the maitre d' anything. Only saying to him that we understood from past passengers that Haven guests can order Specialty Restaurant meals in the Haven restaurant. " Oh no sir , only through your butler and to your cabin. But we can not guarantee that it will be hot or up to expectation."  The bottom line is I do not like their answers. I get better treatment on other lines. I just finished a letter to NCL., cc it to my TA and will wait 15 days for a reply. Thank you again. You are one of the more decent posters on the CC boards.