Crimson Tide cruise

bwfoster15

We just found out that our cruise that is booked in February 2020 is also the Crimson Tide cruise.  Has anyone ever been on a cruise the same time as the Crimson Tide cruise? Is it over ran with Roll Tides and houndstooth?  We booked this trip almost a yea and a half ago so there was no way of telling.

We've never done this group cruise so unfortunately I can only speculate. But given the fervent nature of Alabama football fans and the proximity of New Orleans to Alabama, I would guess there will be a high population of Roll Tide fans on this trip. You may want to try and contact the organizer (their company name is mentioned on the web site for this cruise) and see if they can give you some idea, based on the previous cruise and sign-ups thus far for the 2020 cruise, how large a showing they expect. 

44 minutes ago, bwfoster15 said:

We just found out that our cruise that is booked in February 2020 is also the Crimson Tide cruise.  Has anyone ever been on a cruise the same time as the Crimson Tide cruise? Is it over ran with Roll Tides and houndstooth?  We booked this trip almost a yea and a half ago so there was no way of telling.

I would avoid it like the plague. We were on a cruise out of Mobile and it was not an official Crimson Tide cruise but was overrun with loud drunk Alabama college football fans enough so that I have no desire to cruise out of Mobile again. LOL

Haven't booked this cruise, but as a pretty big sports fan, I don't really enjoy visiting opposing teams stadiums for a game.  I end up feeling like an outsider- I can deal with it for a few hours, but it's not something I would want to deal with on a cruise.  

38 minutes ago, TNixon123 said:

Sounds like a fun trip surrounded by pure excellence.

Roll Tide.

Too bad that I already have a panama canal cruise scheduled for that time frame!  Since I am a Bama fan I would love it, but I try to avoid group cruises. They can close down public venues for private parties and just the sheer volume of the group can get to be too much. Can you reschedule?  We did this once when we found out about a large group scheduled.  Good luck and Roll Tide!  

I would avoid this at all costs.

On our first cruise there was a large group of St. Louis Cardinals fans, with players, coaches etc.  The group was given exclusive rights to various areas on the ship at various times.  This was on HAL and on a sea day their group had the aft (adult only) pool reserved all day.  It was a total pain in the neck working around this huge group.   

If you are not part of the group cruise, stay away.  

I would want to avoid large group cruises regardless of the group affiliation. They will affect the enjoyment of your cruise unintended or not. Their presence will be felt throughout the ship.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, K&RCurt said:

I would avoid this at all costs.

On our first cruise there was a large group of St. Louis Cardinals fans, with players, coaches etc.  The group was given exclusive rights to various areas on the ship at various times.  This was on HAL and on a sea day their group had the aft (adult only) pool reserved all day.  It was a total pain in the neck working around this huge group.   

If you are not part of the group cruise, stay away.  

I haven't been on the HAL forum in a while but they always used to maintain a running list of groups (and details about those groups) that had booked HAL ships. I've used it a lot when researching future HAL cruises, it was very handy in identifying the sailings like yours which are to be avoided. Too bad there isn't one on this forum for Carnival.

I was on a cruise with them a couple of years ago on NCL. The good thing is that mostly don’t make an appearance until after noon. They are in big groups at bar and pool area. They rough house in the pool and after midnight there are a few drunken fights. About a half dozen were kicked off the ship. We didn’t know until we were on board. Good luck!!

On 6/17/2019 at 10:59 AM, NightOne said:

I would avoid it like the plague. We were on a cruise out of Mobile and it was not an official Crimson Tide cruise but was overrun with loud drunk Alabama college football fans enough so that I have no desire to cruise out of Mobile again. LOL

I would also avoid it at all costs.  It was bad enough being on a regular cruise during the football season.

On 6/17/2019 at 8:13 AM, bwfoster15 said:

I'm guessing that maybe, based on responses thus far, that you're probably looking into a cancellation and booking a different cruise? 

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 5:20 PM, bobbyandali said:

As an LSU fan, this would be equivalent to the 7th layer of hell 😃

I saw that it was going out of NOLA and couldn't figure out why they couldn't keep that infestation on the boat that leaves from Mobile. 

Well, I COULD say that "BAMA owns New Orleans too" but I'm not.  Your response was too funny.   I love LSU fans.  I think we really understand each other.  RTR 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/21/2019 at 1:30 PM, Kirbit62 said:

Well, I COULD say that "BAMA owns New Orleans too" but I'm not.  Your response was too funny.   I love LSU fans.  I think we really understand each other.  RTR 

My friend... 21-0 will always hurt me more than it will excite you 😃 

You could always make a joke about LSU can't have a cruise like this because the boat doesn't serve corndogs...

Edited by bobbyandali
  • Haha 1