Check-In Time / Maitre' D Email

matt082600

Hello all,

Sailing the Sunrise on 7/2.  Can someone confirm that Sunrise's Maitre'd's email is srmaitred@carnival.com.  

Also, have check-in times been strictly enforced.  I know Sunrise just got to NY a couple of weeks ago, but I'm hoping some cruisers can share some insight.  Thanks!

30 minutes ago, matt082600 said:

Hello all,

Sailing the Sunrise on 7/2.  Can someone confirm that Sunrise's Maitre'd's email is srmaitred@carnival.com.  

Also, have check-in times been strictly enforced.  I know Sunrise just got to NY a couple of weeks ago, but I'm hoping some cruisers can share some insight.  Thanks!

Yes, all Carnival sailings have strictly enforced check-in times. Unless, of course, the check-in computers broke, and you are forced to wait about 2 hours in 80-degree weather in a long line. But yeah!

Ok, great.  We got stuck with a late check-in time but we're anticipating getting to the pier rather early, depending on traffic of course.  Naturally, we'd like to board as soon as possible, so your insight is very helpful.

54 minutes ago, matt082600 said:

Ok, great.  We got stuck with a late check-in time but we're anticipating getting to the pier rather early, depending on traffic of course.  Naturally, we'd like to board as soon as possible, so your insight is very helpful.

Just don’t be like the couple we met on Horizon who complained about waiting in line for roughly 2 hours when they showed up more than 2 hours prior to their check-in appointment.  They actually turned out to be a lot of fun, but on embarkation day they were both in a bad mood when they boarded the ship (we met them at the lobby bar) and they had no one to blame but themselves. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Just don’t be like the couple we met on Horizon who complained about waiting in line for roughly 2 hours when they showed up more than 2 hours prior to their check-in appointment.  They actually turned out to be a lot of fun, but on embarkation day they were both in a bad mood when they boarded the ship (we met them at the lobby bar) and they had no one to blame but themselves. 

And that's the whole reason why they have the appointments, so that not everyone shows up at the earliest time, especially when Mardi Gras starts boarding 6,000 passengers.  I will say that the boarding process was well organized and it was the shortest walk from the terminal to any ship on which we sailed.

My last sailing out of the Manhattan terminal for pier 90 was the Vista's inaugural cruise in 2016 at that time there was no early/late line and those arriving before their check-in appointment time (as arrival appointments were called then) were turned away from the door. This lead to many just hanging out on the concourse being very grumpy and obstructing the door area. We wee priority at that time so I don't know how they ultimately handled all the early arrivals. We have also encountered similar when at the terminal for pier 88 boarding the NCL's Breakaway, and since we were the newbies for that line but hubby was using a cane they let us in but gave us a high zone number that we boarded 2 hours after finishing check-in..

Again in the 2.75 years things may of changed but since many that cruise from NYC are repeat passengers across several cruise lines you may want to post this query in your roll-call to get definitively current answers or glance through comment on other roll-calls around your sailing. 

21 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I would never.  I understand my time slot and will board at that time if its the earliest I'm allowed to board.  But I'll happily board early, if allowed.

12 hours ago, Florida Paesano said:

Can someone confirm that Sunrise's Maitre'd's email is srmaitred@carnival.com.  

The email address for the maitre'd on the Sunrise is SNmaitred@carnival.com.  Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you!!

On 6/17/2019 at 10:28 PM, 2wheelin said:

There is an early/late line but we have arrived as much as an hour early and not even been directed to that line. Just the regular line.

This all depends on which port you are leaving from. I have no experience with New York but Miami sticks to the early late line.

Pat

10 hours ago, quickrate said:

This all depends on which port you are leaving from. I have no experience with New York but Miami sticks to the early late line.

Pat

Funny—we were in Miami when we just got in line about an hour early. I didn’t even notice if there was another line—except priority. Around noon so not late in the process.

On 6/18/2019 at 9:31 PM, matt082600 said:

Any help with the email address?  I'm sailing with a group of 20 and I'm hoping to have adults and young adults at separate tables.

On one of our CCL cruises we were assigned the table next to two 10 tops assigned to a group of 20 - assorted ages. 

Nightly, they moved around at will in the seating as long as they used their 2 tables.  The teens claimed the end of one of the tables and seemed quite happy with that arrangement.