Massage without a Day Pass

mrsmck3

7 hours ago, mrsmck3 said:

But did you have to also purchase a "day pass" to get into Paradise Beach?

No. They charge a $3 admission fee and ask that you spend at least $10 on food, drinks or a massage. Taxi will be about $15-17 each way and the fare covers up to 4 passengers in the cab.

Money Bar is closer, only about $11-12 for cab fare each way, and no admission fee, but also no beach (you enter the water via steps).

8 hours ago, mrsmck3 said:

But did you have to also purchase a "day pass" to get into Paradise Beach?

You have to pay $3pp entry and approx $10pp food and beverage pp. 

However,  we have stopped in previously for just a drink and look round so if you are not using facilities like loungers, pools etc there is some flexibility in charges.  

If you don't want to pay for other facilities maybe check out Money Bar, Sanchos, Palancar, Sky Reef, Punta Morena but not sure any of them actually do massages “on the beach” and some will cost you more in taxi fare. 

Maybe let us know what else you are wanting from your day?

I am in the over 70 crowd, so I am just looking for a relaxing massage in the open air by the beach.  Not looking for a pool, water slides, food or drink have plenty of that back on the ship,  Since I have had skin cancer, I don't do sunbathing either and shopping doesn't interest me either, so one of those $55 all inclusive day passes is just a waste of money to me.  I can get an ordinary massage back home, or on the ship,  I crave just a massage in the shade, relaxing and hearing the waves crashing on the beach, that is what I want for my day.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mrsmck3 said:

I am in the over 70 crowd, so I am just looking for a relaxing massage in the open air by the beach.  Not looking for a pool, water slides, food or drink have plenty of that back on the ship,  Since I have had skin cancer, I don't do sunbathing either and shopping doesn't interest me either, so one of those $55 all inclusive day passes is just a waste of money to me.  I can get an ordinary massage back home, or on the ship,  I crave just a massage in the shade, relaxing and hearing the waves crashing on the beach, that is what I want for my day.

Thanks that helps a lot. Which pier will you be docking at? Do you require within walking in distance or are you willing to take a taxi?

15 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Thanks that helps a lot. Which pier will you be docking at? Do you require within walking in distance or are you willing to take a taxi?

Willing to taxi.  In celebrity equinoxes so unsure where that docks.

12 hours ago, mrsmck3 said:

Willing to taxi.  In celebrity equinoxes so unsure where that docks.

You will dock at International Pier so my suggestions above still stand.

Money Bar is probably closest and easiest but as John says the shore is iron shore but you should still be able to see/hear waves. I think you will find photos on their website or TripAdvisor. 

The other locations all have websites. I have only seen the massage places but never had one at any of them so cannot attest to quality. 

Edited by c-leg5