First night BOGO Specialty Restaurant - for a single?

fdpevey

I know those traveling with me should get the coupon book that has “Buy One, Get One Free” Specialty Restaurants for the first night ... and we’ll probably take advantage. But what happens when the cruiser is a single? We have a single in our group.

Has anyone done this? Do you get your “get one free” for another night?

You are referring to the coupon book that is a travel agent perk, yes? If so just ask the TA to give the solo cabin a single voucher for a free specialty restaurant rather than the coupons. Not saying that you'll get it as it likely costs the TA more "points" that the coupon book, but you won't know unless you ask.

When I've sailed solo (as I will be again at the end of next month) I admit to never paying attention to any BOGO-type offers. I just assume they are worthless to me, ignoring my own above advice of "won't know unless you ask". So maybe someone who managed to bank the second meal for later will chime in. But as it is a TA perk rather than a Princess perk, probably not...

Edited by fishywood
  • Like 1

Certainly no harm in asking the person in charge at the specialty restaurant if you are able to get a second night for yourself using the coupon.

The worst they can say is no. Nothing ventured nothing gained. 

3 hours ago, georgetheblue said:

I received the BOGO specialty restaurant coupon last year on the Star.  The maitre ‘d at the crown grill simply told me to return for a free dinner any evening of my choosing.  So no harm in asking.

We didn't ask on the last cruise we were on but I'll give it a try next time. 

On the first night it's a little overwhelming for such a large meal. 

We'd rather do it on a night when we go to Princess Cays & just have a snack for lunch.