6-20-19 Thursday Weigh-In....Summer Is Here (Well Friday)

Belle

Andy and Ombud - I cook for 1 🙂 After about 1 1/2 years I think I've gotten it down. This week it was 1lb of ground beef for the chili which is four meals. 1lb of ground beef for the stroganoff, again four servings. That will last until Thursday. I use these glass containers which seems to preserve chicken and beef cooked an extra day or two than plastic. https://www.costco.com/Snapware-Pyrex-18-piece-Glass-Food-Storage-Set.product.100358145.html Plus I can bake in them and seal right away! I now make lasagna in a loaf pan make 2-3 servings instead of 15 or so LOL I screwed up and forgot to cancel/skip my Freshly order, so I have those coming. I may have to be even more careful with those meals as they don't have Keto/LowCarb options. Luckily the meals that are coming have 11 - 19 net carbs.

I started back to strength and conditioning this week! Feels good to be back in the gym after a little break.

I was a nutrition coach and trainer for years! I love this thread 🙂

Edited by JennyB1977
  • Like 1

Everyone having a good Sunday? Hope so.

Welcome Florida  Yes you can do it, just take it a day at a time. It's great you like to exercise.

Weigh-In every Thursday and youb can come in any time and talk to us about anything.

Rose how's your husband doing? Good I hope. Your so close to goal, you'll get there soon.

When in JUly are you leaving on your cruise?

Andrea Congrats on the smaller sizes.  Tells you how good your doing.

Hope your all doing good eating wise this weekend.  My question is why carbs are the easiest

food to prepare and eat.  Didn't feel like cooking so ate the easy way..to many carbs!  

(I'm trying to do less carbs..so what do I do?)  Back on track.

Every time I tried to post tonight Tuesday, 6-25 this kept coming up in the  the reply section

and I couldn't write. So just sent it again.

Edited by Belle

Writing this post Tuesday night...

Sorry about the old old post above.  Trying to write a new post and this kept popping up

and I couldn't write. So just hit submit so I could write to this post again.  Was Crazy!

Seems like everyone is doing good in preparing their food ahead. That is the key to

have food ready so you don't grab something you shouldn't.

Sounds like there is a few of us just cooking for one at this time. Sometimes I just cook for one 

and the other times I make more and freeze. Like soup or chili I just can't make either for just one.

Plus I really like to have for other times in the month. If I don't freeze things I don't mind leftovers

and eating the same food for days.   So much easier if your alone. makes it that you don't have to cook all the time. Just heat!:classic_smile: ( I don't like to cook anymore not as much fun as when cooking for husband and the kids)

Jo good to see you. Know those snacks are hard not to want and eat.

See you all tomorrow or Thursday for sure. Take care.

Edited by Belle
  • Like 1

Happy Wednesday everyone (where did the week go 😮)!  

Jenny, the chili recipe sounds really good - and the peppers looked fabulous.  When I think of chili it is usually more soup/stew consistency (might be a regional difference), so I could see adding an extra can/jar of tomatoes (or tomatoes with chiles for extra heat) to thin it.

My son left yesterday for Creation Festival and won't be back until Sunday, so I'm fixing spicier foods this week that he usually doesn't eat.  Lots of produce prep on the agenda this afternoon too.

I looked at anti-inflammatory diets with my hip issues and also found that my diet likely plays a big part in pain management.  I had a conversation with a childhood friend over the weekend about food and commented that I don't think the types of food in our diets have radically changed in 30-40 years, but the ratios and portions have.  Our parents had gardens and we would also buy from local markets if we didn't grow it, portions were smaller, and some of the really "bad" foods were an infrequent "treat" rather than a daily (or multiple time a day) convenience/crutch.  I think our bodies could process those small amounts easier than the constant influx we have today.  Portion sizes seem out of control now too 😞