Hard Cider brought on board in Dublin

vigna0916

Wine and the hard stuff are okay so I can't see why hard cider would be verboten.  It's not specified anywhere so I'd assume it's okay.  You could always check with your TA or Oceania if you want to be absolutely sure.

1 hour ago, newyorker123 said:

Wine and the hard stuff are okay to bring onboard - are you allowed to bring a bottle other than wine?

A bottle containing what?

If you refer to hard or soft drink, then yes.

If you refer to anything caustic, then no.

One can bring “ booze “ aboard for personal consumption in one’s cabin; that’s alcoholic beverages, adult librations! Wine, beer, bourbon, gin, tequila, metaxa, Jagermeister, you name it, and yes hard cider! Not sure what’s so hard to grasp here! 

I’m sure the response will now be “ how about vodka? He didn’t mention vodka!!”

No Rum!!! Rum is the pirates drink and we wouldn’t want to encourage Pirate confrontations! Besides drinking rum can lead to dancing! We’re not talking ballroom dancing here, we’re talking shake your booty dancing til the wee hours of the morning! Can you imagine the horror, the disgust, the outrage some would express if they thought others were shaking their booty and having a good time until the wee hours??!! 😱😱

Definitely NO rum can be brought aboard! O probably even sparsely dispenses it to control the crowds! 😈🤥

On 6/21/2019 at 10:44 AM, pinotlover said:

No Rum!!! Rum is the pirates drink and we wouldn’t want to encourage Pirate confrontations! Besides drinking rum can lead to dancing! We’re not talking ballroom dancing here, we’re talking shake your booty dancing til the wee hours of the morning! Can you imagine the horror, the disgust, the outrage some would express if they thought others were shaking their booty and having a good time until the wee hours??!! 😱😱

Definitely NO rum can be brought aboard! O probably even sparsely dispenses it to control the crowds! 😈🤥

Can you imagine if they let you bring tequila onboard. Everybody's clothes would fall off.😁

10 minutes ago, NSXCRUISER said:

Can you imagine if they let you bring tequila onboard. Everybody's clothes would fall off.😁

Ever heard of cachaca, the national booze of Brazil?  What it takes to make a caipirinha.

first caipirinhas 2016.JPG

1 minute ago, NSXCRUISER said:

No, I have not, but it does look yummy! I will be on the Insignia in Brazil in November.

We used to have an apt in Rio.  A caipirinha is nothing but muddled (lots of) limes and cachaca (a white sugar cane rum) and ice.  I'm a wimp so also add some sugar.  Two is our limit.  Our fave place knows that we like more ice so we can dilute them that way 🙂  If you haven't been to Brazil before I hope you have a fantastic time.  We'll be there in December and cruise to Buenos Aires.

13 minutes ago, clo said:

We used to have an apt in Rio.  A caipirinha is nothing but muddled (lots of) limes and cachaca (a white sugar cane rum) and ice.  I'm a wimp so also add some sugar.  Two is our limit.  Our fave place knows that we like more ice so we can dilute them that way 🙂  If you haven't been to Brazil before I hope you have a fantastic time.  We'll be there in December and cruise to Buenos Aires.

Thanks. We'll be doing the Amazon, and are looking forward to it. Maybe the bartender will know how to make one.

1 minute ago, NSXCRUISER said:

Thanks. We'll be doing the Amazon, and are looking forward to it. Maybe the bartender will know how to make one.

LOL.  Oh, rest assured.  LOL.

On 6/20/2019 at 7:13 AM, vigna0916 said:

I have seen people ask about bringing wine on board the ship, but just wondering if it is ok to bring Hard Cider on board?

Thank you in advance.

Only as much as 2 people can carry at one time....each time you go up the gangway  all day long,   as often as you can, till the ship sails  or you run out of cabin storage space.

On 6/21/2019 at 7:44 AM, pinotlover said:

I remember this      never eat fruit cake because because  it has rum, and on little bite can turn a man to a bum..... can you imagine a sorrier  sight as a man eating fruit cake until he gets tight..... and   

Never eat cookies because they have yeast... because one little bite can turn a man to a beast...Can you imagine the sorely disgrace .... seeing a man in the gutter....with crumbs on his face!

Edited by Hawaiidan