Change In PBP?

chamima

57 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

Footbolt and Ancient Peaks would be good choices for a nice Red by the glass.

Thanks for the recommendation, happy cruzer. I looked for those wines locally and was unable to find them for my taste test.

I was able to find Ancient Peaks Oyster Ridge (red blend) and loved that but it is an entirely different price point. Did you like both the Ancient Peaks Renegade and the Merlot??

We have enjoyed the Shiraz many times.  The Ancient Peaks Renegade was in a restaurant on a ski trip so of course it tasted wonderful :). 

The Meiomi Pinot Noir on the wine by glass list is not one of our favorites.  Hopefully they will allow to pay the difference and we could see what the French Burgundy at $13 is like for a small upcharge.  Most of the food that we enjoy goes with the lighter reds.  All fun to think about. 

11 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Here’s a link to the new Princess wine list...I counted 23 types of wine by the glass with 2 over $12 but this is the only Merlot listed by the glass ($12):  Decoy Merlot, 2015

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/Wine-Menu.pdf

Thanks for this link, very helpful. That Decoy Merlot will probably work.

3 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

Footbolt and Ancient Peaks would be good choices for a nice Red by the glass.

Yes, I had forgotten about the Ancient Peaks. We drank that last year on Royal and it was good. I'll give the Footbolt a try too. Thanks.

I can relax now and worry about some other small detail on the cruise :classic_biggrin:

The wine list that was posted is not all the wine available by the glass. I know that Vines offers Spellbound Petite Sirah by the glass but he list that is posted only shows it by the bottle. To determine what is actually available by the glass one would need to see the Vines menu. I'm pretty sure they still offer Ancient Peaks Merlot for something like $8.

Edited by Thrak

18 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

OMG, seriously--no merlot on the PBP? We will be on CB in February and merlot is my go to wine. And I won't be happy if I have to pay for a glass of wine, when I already have the PBP.

Do you think they ran out of lower cost merlots? It doesn't make sense to not have any that are covered by the PBP. Merlots are everywhere, across the cost spectrum.

We will be bringing our own but that is for evenings on the balcony :classic_biggrin:

We were on the Coral this past February and had a lot of difficulty getting a pino or merlot in the dining room with the PBP. This was our first time with the PBP and had no difficulty with other drinks, just red wines in the dining room. Our experience with Celebrity with the beverage package was if they ran out of a particular red that was included they would substitute, not our experience on Princess! We'll be on the Crown in September with the PBP so we hoping the Coral was a one off!

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

The wine list that was posted is not all the wine available by the glass. I know that Vines offers Spellbound Petite Sirah by the glass but he list that is posted only shows it by the bottle. To determine what is actually available by the glass one would need to see the Vines menu. I'm pretty sure they still offer Ancient Peaks Merlot for something like $8.

I always forget about Vines.

Thanks Thrak.

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

Thanks Thrak.

I also had forgotten that last year, if I wanted a decent red,  I got it at Vines and carried it to dinner.

You can't take the nicer glasses but they're happy to pour the wine in what they call a "to go" glass.

Too bad there isn't a Vines on the Pacific.

Edited by chamima

3 hours ago, daydreamer16 said:

We were on the Coral this past February and had a lot of difficulty getting a pino or merlot in the dining room with the PBP. This was our first time with the PBP and had no difficulty with other drinks, just red wines in the dining room. Our experience with Celebrity with the beverage package was if they ran out of a particular red that was included they would substitute, not our experience on Princess! We'll be on the Crown in September with the PBP so we hoping the Coral was a one off!

As mentioned later in the thread, there is a far wider selection of wines at Vines. My wife and I would pop in there on the way to dinner and get a sippy cup to go of our wine choice for dinner. I’ve also been known to sneak out between courses for a top up. Not exactly a fine dinning experience, but worth it to have slightly better wines to drink.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, daydreamer16 said:

Every cruise is different.  Our experience was on RCCL where they would not provide a substitute.  So hopefully, you will be fine next time.

On 6/20/2019 at 1:26 PM, chamima said:

On Celebrity it is difference plus 20% gratuity 

And how would they justify the 18% gratuity on that "gratuity"?

(On Celebrity, where the "pay the extra" is policy you pay the  extra plus the 18% gratuity - I'm sure Princess is doing the same.)