Upgrade Notifications - how far ahead of cruise?

serena_17

Hi,

We're cruising 3rd July on Epic's West Med cruise.

We put a nominal bid in for upgrade and I'm wondering how far ahead of the cruise we get notified if the bid was successful or not?

What's your experience with this?

TIA

15 hours ago, serena_17 said:

Hi,

We put a nominal bid in for upgrade and I'm wondering how far ahead of the cruise we get notified if the bid was successful or not?

TIA

It could be as close as 2 days before sailing.

Based on posts in the main thread on upgrades, it seems like most people receive their upgrade confirmations 3-7 days out from sailing. There are some people who receive them much earlier, but those are VERY rare. Most people receive their notices that their bids have been declined about 48 hours prior to sailing.

22 hours ago, serena_17 said:

Hi,

TIA

You could learn anytime between now and when  you board the ship, though usually you get a minimum 48 hour notice.

Also odds go up/Down based on availability I looked at your sailing it’s all sold out except for a few insides, yes their could and will be last minute cancellations but with a very full ship they would have their pick of bids so your odds of a minimum bid winning is not the same as a not full ship in the height of hurricane season.

23 hours ago, serena_17 said:

Hi, We're cruising 3rd July on Epic's West Med cruise. We put a nominal bid in for upgrade and I'm wondering how far ahead of the cruise we get notified if the bid was successful or not? What's your experience with this? 

Likely to be close to your departure date (late next week to the weekend). The "downside" is that Rome is a secondary port and there is a lot less inventory for booking and upgrades (than Barcelona). Good Luck!  Have a great cruise, we have been on the Epic Med cruise twice and loved it. 

Thanks, everyone.

We'll be spending the 2 days prior to the cruise flying, so it'll be a surprise.

Not too worried about whether there is an upgrade, it's really just getting onboard and getting out of the current 15C/59F winter cold. We need to defrost. 😁

Tagging on to this topic, yesterday my ship still had 6 suites available and over a dozen minisuites, today it's showing ALL categories as sold out.  Does this mean that upgrading is happening, or that the ship suddenly and completely sold out?

PS - Gem sailing to Bermuda on June 28 from Boston.

PPS - Or perhaps the sailaway cabins were assigned?  If so, and my cabin is still the same, is that likely that I didn't get my upgrade?

Edited by Crusoemom

6 minutes ago, Crusoemom said:

Tagging on to this topic, yesterday my ship still had 6 suites available and over a dozen minisuites, today it's showing ALL categories as sold out.  Does this mean that upgrading is happening, or that the ship suddenly and completely sold out?

PS - Gem sailing to Bermuda on June 28 from Boston.

PPS - Or perhaps the sailaway cabins were assigned?  If so, and my cabin is still the same, is that likely that I didn't get my upgrade?

If 6 suites disappeared in one day it definitely means they are working on upgrades but it doesn't mean your out yet, their is still 6 days to sailing.  I've won all of my bids, 5days, 4 day3 day and most recently 50 hours prior to sailing so there is still hope

Last year we booked an inside cabin as everything else was sold out on Pearl except obstructed ocean view.  We placed a maximum bid for balcony as really wanted.  We were lucky enough to win the bid despite entire cruise showing sold out from about 3 weeks beforehand.  We only got notified by email the day before the cruise.  It was a lovely surprise as we’d already thought we’d been unsuccessful.  Hopefully anyone else who has bid gets some luck also.