How do you buy Carnival Shares?

amajaa

15 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Actually that is incorrect.  I applied and got obc for our cruises in February  and April next year well before I paid the balance. And in fact, I have still to pay the balance for the April cruise.  After all, there is no reason to withhold giving the obc - if you don't go on the cruise, you won't be needing any obc! 

Oh!  Another example of the P&O website giving confusing messages.  Just copied this from their Q&As.

Please be aware that to apply your shareholder benefits to a booking these must only be sent to us after the balance due date of 90 days prior to departure, and no later than 21 days prior to departure. Any late bookings made within the 21 days will not be eligible for shareholder benefits.

48 minutes ago, kruzseeka said:

When are you travelling?  You can't claim benefits until you have paid your balance in full - so approx 3 months before sailing (unless you risk paying in advance).  Each year - presumably at their AGM the benefits and dividends are agreed for the forthcoming year so it looks as though the post 31st March rates are not yet known. 

30 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Actually that is incorrect.  I applied and got obc for our cruises in February  and April next year well before I paid the balance. And in fact, I have still to pay the balance for the April cruise.  After all, there is no reason to withhold giving the obc - if you don't go on the cruise, you won't be needing any obc! 

The strange thing is we are travelling in May and already have the OBC added for that. It is the one in October they are saying is too early, I suppose it is a bit but because we had the May one added a few months ago I gave it a go. 

1 hour ago, amajaa said:

The strange thing is we are travelling in May and already have the OBC added for that. It is the one in October they are saying is too early, I suppose it is a bit but because we had the May one added a few months ago I gave it a go. 

I think the reason that you cannot get obc for your October cruise is that it falls within Carnival's next financial year, and that therefore the "perk" has to be approved by the board.  

1 hour ago, kruzseeka said:

Oh!  Another example of the P&O website giving confusing messages.  Just copied this from their Q&As.

Please be aware that to apply your shareholder benefits to a booking these must only be sent to us after the balance due date of 90 days prior to departure, and no later than 21 days prior to departure. Any late bookings made within the 21 days will not be eligible for shareholder benefits.

Yes, I read that, but based on the experience of others I went ahead and applied anyway!

The point is that the shareholder benefit is administrated by Carnival, rather than by P&O,  so it is perhaps not surprising that the right hand does  not know what the left is doing!

• 4 weeks later...