Signature Beverage Package

This is probably a rehash for most of the HAL CC members... I'm currently on the HAL website and I can't locate the Signature Beverage Package information or where on the site I can purchase the package.  I really just want the per day cost with the tax and grats included and thought I could pull up my reservation and look at adding the package to get the price.   Any assistance is appreciated.

Thank you.

BaltimoreCruise

We got the drink gift card of $250 and you can use it for anything.  If you have any money left they credit your account automatically on the last day.  This worked great.  Also Holland America drinks are more reasonably priced than some other lines.  Unless you are drinking top shelf the drinks run for $6-10 plus an automatic tip.  They have Happy hour a couple times per day with buy one get one for $2. They will let you know how much is left on the card.  People can also share the card.  Good way to go unless you are a big drinker.  We also brought refillable water bottles for our excursions.

Kiimlew, did you like the $250 beverage card better than paying for drinks one at a time? I’ve read about the advantage of not getting paper receipts, but wondering about other benefits? I’m going on a longer cruise so just wondering about getting one of those cards.

If you are given the Signature" package as a perk...how much is it if you decide to upgrade to the next level? and is there a "cap" on the $ amount on those drinks at the higher level? Thanks!! LuAnn

17 minutes ago, LuAnn said:

If you are given the Signature" package as a perk...how much is it if you decide to upgrade to the next level? and is there a "cap" on the $ amount on those drinks at the higher level? Thanks!! LuAnn

I would like to know the answer to this as well, anyone know??

27 minutes ago, LuAnn said:

I think the max cost for a drink ($11) is a set number.  

From the Terms & Conditions for the Signature Beverage Package:

Signature Beverage Package has a daily limit of 15 beverages, which includes all beverages priced at US$11.00 or lower. 

Edited by Shmoo here

@LuAnn and @dooneThe CC advice (which I have not done myself) is to find a bartender BEFORE you have used the SBP on your account, and get them to upgrade to the EBP. The cost is the difference per day plus the gratuity, both of which have changed recently (!). It's like, 5-10-or-15 dollars more a day plus either 15% or 18% grat. Someone will be along with the current figures!

If the first bartender says 'no' (too busy or doesn't know how), go to another bar; keep asking.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, crystalspin said:

@LuAnn and @dooneThe CC advice (which I have not done myself) is to find a bartender BEFORE you have used the SBP on your account, and get them to upgrade to the EBP. The cost is the difference per day plus the gratuity, both of which have changed recently (!). It's like, 5-10-or-15 dollars more a day plus either 15% or 18% grat. Someone will be along with the current figures!

If the first bartender says 'no' (too busy or doesn't know how), go to another bar; keep asking.

Thank you so much, works for me.....

12 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

I think the max cost for a drink ($11) is a set number.  

From the Terms & Conditions for the Signature Beverage Package:

Signature Beverage Package has a daily limit of 15 beverages, which includes all beverages priced at US$11.00 or lower. 

Let me get this straight, the $11 max drink price is gratuities included. The price of any of drinks include the gratuities or is that added on top at time of purchase?

Pete,

As long as the cost of the drink itself is 11.00 or less, it is covered in the package.  The fact a 15% commission will make the drink exceed the limit is of no consequence to you.

Edited by walnut99
spelling
  • Like 1

Go to Guest serves on ship, they are very helpful and will do the up grade on the spot.  The waiter that takes your drinks can tell you what drink fits in each package.  As I stated HAL’s drinks are more reasonable than some other lines.

From Cruise Critic:

The Elite Beverage Package will buy you premium spirits, cocktails, wines, beers, coffees, nonalcoholic beverages, bottled water and sodas, up to a value of $15 each. On Koningsdam, this also includes the Coca-Cola Freestyle machines, which offer more than 100 flavors. The price for the Elite Beverage Package is $63.19 per person, per day if purchased in advance or onboard.

Prices reflect an included 15 percent service charge. Packages are only available to purchase onboard during the first 48 hours of the cruise. If one passenger in a cabin opts for a Signature or Elite drinks package, anyone who is 21-plus years old in the same cabin is required to purchase it as well. Items from the mini-bar, in-room dining and beverages on Half Moon Cay are excluded from packages.”

The cost of the upgrade from SBP to Elite depends on when and how you got the original SBP.   If you bought it before the cruise, online, you paid $44.95 per day.   If you wait to buy it on the ship, during the first day, you paid $54.95 (new price as of April 2019).  The Elite package costs $59.95 per day   All per day prices are plus 15% service charge, which you pay upfront, not on each drink.   The only drink price you have to concern yourself with is the menu price, either $11 and under for the SBP or $15 and under for the Elite.   Don't sweat the service charge, you have already paid it when you purchased the package, or it was included with a promotion like Explore-4 or Early Booking Bonus.

To upgrade from SBP to Elite, you will have to pay the $10 per day if you bought the SBP online, or $5 per day if you bought it on the ship and quickly changed your mind    The $10 and $5 upgrade prices per day, are also plus 15%.

If you got the SBP through Explore-4 or EBB, then the date of your booking will determine what you have to pay to upgrade and, as others have said, you may have to do some arm twisting to upgrade a promotional SBP..

I received my signature beverage package as part of my early booking bonus.  Can I just call HAL a month or two before my sailing to upgrade or does it need to be done on the ship??

Edited by doone

40 minutes ago, doone said:

I received my signature beverage package as part of my early booking bonus.  Can I just call HAL a month or two before my sailing to upgrade or does it need to be done on the ship??

As far as I know, it must be done on the ship.