Silversea : gay friendly or not

medicruiselover

Definitely gay friendly in my experience. Silversea, like most luxury lines, attracts a sophisticated clientele who are very comfortable around gays and that is reflected in the attitude of the crew.

I have to say I felt so sorry for the staff on the two Silverseas voyages I have done. The clientele were, at least on my cruises, truly revolting snobs. The cabins are gorgeous, the food above average, the service outstanding...BUT...the entertainment  not a patch on Cunard, for example (my fave)...very ordinary. I was shocked at the way passengers treated the staff with such disdain. We bought our two room attendants some beautiful waterford crystal necklasses to thank them for their outstanding care and one burst into tears. She said she loved Australian passengers because they were so nice...that made me sad to think they were treated so badly by some other nationalities. The people at our table were filthy rich and made no effort to disguise their racism, sexism or homophobia. Maybe we were unlucky. Fortunately our wonderful waiter rescued us and discretely moved us to another table for dessert. I can’t imagine I’d ever want to return. No LGBTI drinks, unless times have changed. Great staff...nauseous snobbery from majority of passengers.

• Like 1

You will always find some uncouth snobs on any cruise line. The moment I identify them I give them a wide swath.

As for entertainment compared to Cunard of course there will be more variety on a large mass market sized ship. I'll trade the big production shows with third rate singers and dancers for the intimacy and service on a true luxury line any time.

• 2 weeks later...

You will love Silversea. The crew provide 5 star service and are gay friendly. Sexual orientation makes no difference to them. As for other passengers, the majority are normal people who are sailing with Silversea as a treat for a birthday or an anniversary. No matter which cruise line you sail with there will be passengers you get on well with and others you will avoid, Enjoy SS you will not want to leave the ship and especially the crew at the end of your cruise.

We were on the Silver Spirit in December and had a great time.  The crew went out of their way to make us feel at home.  The other passengers were also friendly.  No one cared we were a couple.  We enjoyed the ship so much that we decided to make the ship our destination and not the ports.  We only got off the ship once and that was for a prearranged tour.