Short notice cruise on Harmony of Seas

We usually book our cruises a year out but due to work and personal obligations, can’t book our cruise until 4 weeks before the August 4 sailing! Do prices ever drop that close to sailing, am I going to have problems booking entertainment, dining? I see Allure had some great deals earlier this week, how you seen any of those in Harmony? 

Jill 

Edited by jillpra
Duplicate post

15 minutes ago, jillpra said:

We usually book our cruises a year out but due to work and personal obligations, can’t book our cruise until 4 weeks before the August 4 sailing! Do prices ever drop that close to sailing, am I going to have problems booking entertainment, dining? I see Allure had some great deals earlier this week, how you seen any of those in Harmony? 

Jill 

Prices can change anytime, there's been no discernable pattern.   You may not be able to book entertainment or dining pre-cruise.  However, you should be able to go to the "box office" (see location in letter received at check-in) once onboard for entertainment.  Go to the MDR and/or any specialty restaurant for dining reservations.

I was pricing Allure, Harmony and Symphony for the fall and Allure was coming in $1,000 less for our particular sailing. I would think Aug.4 would fill up only because the kids/teachers aren't back to school yet.

25 minutes ago, jillpra said:

Jill 

We are experimenting with late bookings on Harmony this fall. August 4th may have been at the low point a few weeks ago. 18th and 25th seem to be low now. In my experience they start going up again as it gets closer. 

We did get a nice price on a suite for Aug 18. Booked around 60 days out

Edited by John&LaLa

I wish we could have booked sooner but work in the legal field and am going a case settles prior to trial the week of August 4. We are pretty flexible people and don’t mind arriving at shows early for seating or eating early! Am hoping this will help!

1 hour ago, karena1 said:

I always book early.  Right now I have 20 cruises booked and every single one of them is higher in price than what I paid.  Pays to book as early as you can!!

Like I said earlier,  I'm experimenting with 60-30 days out and found 1 winner so far.  

1 hour ago, vidsmart said:

While I can't answer your question, welcome to the Aug 4 sailing--we will be among your 5000+ cruise mates!

I'm guessing we'll have closer to 6,000 😉

Are you looking at RoyalUP?

Edited by John&LaLa

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm guessing we'll have closer to 6,000 😉

Are you looking at RoyalUP?

No I am happy with what I got--Boardwalk balcony. Just hoping I have a great view of the Aqua show from the cabin

OP, we booked Allure 3 days prior to sailing last year.  We had no issues with booking shows or specialty meals for our cruise. We did book comedy on embarkation day immediately after boarding, other than that we booked it all the same day we paid for the sailing. 

Check Allure pricing for August 25th from FLL.  They have amazing pricing right now. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, jillpra said:

Jill 

If you have to fly to a cruise port, air line tickets may be a problem. We found a great deal on a penthouse suite on Oceania, leaving from Miami, in about 2 1/2 months. The problem is air is almost double what we are paying when we go there the middle of October. We do a lot of traveling and very seldom do we find decent air, the closer you get to departure.

16 hours ago, jillpra said:

We are driving down! Already have hotel at Port Canaveral reserved in case it works out! 

My wife and I are going on the Harmony Sept 29. Just started looking for a hotel for the night before the cruise. What hotel did you book? Have you used it before? Any hotel suggestions would be appreciated. 

Allure Of The Seas is the oldest of the three Oasis class ships everyone is mentioning. That ships pricing will be cheaper than the Harmony Of The Seas and Symphony Of The Seas. Newer ship gets higher pricing. Prices are usually more reasonable the last two weeks of August when many students start the fall semester, especially in the Southern States.

23 hours ago, karena1 said:

I always book early.  Right now I have 20 cruises booked and every single one of them is higher in price than what I paid.  Pays to book as early as you can!!

But normal people don't have 20 cruises planned, so I think the OP isn't in the same world you're in.

2 hours ago, Mason9 said:

My wife and I are going on the Harmony Sept 29. Just started looking for a hotel for the night before the cruise. What hotel did you book? Have you used it before? Any hotel suggestions would be appreciated. 

Doubletree might be open by then.

2 hours ago, Mason9 said:

Check the Florida Departures forum for hotel ideas:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/386-florida-departures/

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm definitely not normal.

Bella tells the entire internet that almost daily.

But seriously, the average cruiser doesn't have more than 1 planned.  The avid cruiser probably doesn't have more than a few planned.  Twenty is likely the 0.00001% of cruisers.

7 minutes ago, poncho1973 said:

Bella tells the entire internet that almost daily.

But seriously, the average cruiser doesn't have more than 1 planned.  The avid cruiser probably doesn't have more than a few planned.  Twenty is likely the 0.00001% of cruisers.

We/Laura has 19, but through 2021

On 6/24/2019 at 2:47 PM, John&LaLa said:

We/Laura has 19, but through 2021

Like I've mentioned before, we want to be like you when we "grow up!!!" Or should I say, this is what we plan to do also someday...if I could only get my DH to retire:(:(:(

• Haha 1