#6031 Sirena

Toranut97

A friend and I are booked on a January cruise and wound up in 6031. We were mainly concerned about motion (her issue) - but realizing now we are over the lounge, and that is ominous, anyone with experience cruising in this cabin? Thanks

Donna

3 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

If you look at the deck plans  you will not be over the main lounge  but the hallway  & maybe part of the outside deck on 5

That is reassuring. My cabin mate knew a passenger on Insignia who groused enough about the noise in that cabin that she had to be moved. So I was stressing!

3 minutes ago, Toranut97 said:

That is reassuring. My cabin mate knew a passenger on Insignia who groused enough about the noise in that cabin that she had to be moved. So I was stressing!

you may get noise carrying from the shows  but they are usually done by 10:30 pm

I guess some are more sensitive to noise than others

Do you have an option to change to another cabin?

Enjoy the cruise

6 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

you may get noise carrying from the shows  but they are usually done by 10:30 pm

I guess some are more sensitive to noise than others

Do you have an option to change to another cabin?

Enjoy the cruise

We may need to look into a change, thought I would check the wisdom of the hive before I pushed it. Thanks, Lynn,

Donna

1 minute ago, Toranut97 said:

We may need to look into a change, thought I would check the wisdom of the hive before I pushed it. Thanks, Lynn,

Donna

we usually book further back so I have not had any issues

Anything forward of the elevators  to too far  forward for  me for other reasons LOL

Have a good cruise Donna

Lyn

• Like 1

I've often seen complaints from those who are above the Lounge about the noise.  Not only for show times but also rehearsal times.  So I would avoid those rooms.  (How high you might have to go to avoid all noise is beyond my ken.)

We've been in rooms that others complained about -- not because of noise from the shows, but perhaps furniture being moved on the pool deck or in Terrace, etc.  We weren't bothered by that noise but perhaps our noise tolerance is lower.

We live below a toddler now who likes to run around on their new hardwood floors at 7am.  We've just gotten used to it.  Not that it doesn't bother us, but it doesn't keep us awake either.

Mura

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CintiPam said:

We have sailed in 6030 and 6033 numerous times on Nautica and Regatta and never heard any noise from below.  

+1 

Those cabins are over the open lifeboat deck, not the Lounge.

• 1 month later...
On 6/23/2019 at 5:00 PM, Toranut97 said:

A friend and I are booked on a January cruise and wound up in 6031. We were mainly concerned about motion (her issue) - but realizing now we are over the lounge, and that is ominous, anyone with experience cruising in this cabin? Thanks

Donna

We are also on a January cruise in 7031.  Does any one know how stable Sirena is.  My husband has problems with motion sickness also.  Travel agent does not have any lower deck cabins available.    

1 hour ago, rrunner said:

We are also on a January cruise in 7031.  Does any one know how stable Sirena is.  My husband has problems with motion sickness also.  Travel agent does not have any lower deck cabins available.    

We have been on Insignia & Regatta  but I try to stay back of the forward elevators

You might feel a bit of the motion  there but take some meds with you

Get your TA to check once final payment date rolls around maybe something will open up further back

The R ships seem to handle the seas well IME  & we have had some rough seas on them

1 minute ago, rrunner said:

Thank you for your advice.     I will ask the travel agent again regarding a location move.    At the time of booking 7031 appeared to be mid ship but now not so sure.  

As empty as all the January Sirena sailings are you should have no problem changing to a different cabin of your choice.

4 minutes ago, rrunner said:

Thank you for your advice.     I will ask the travel agent again regarding a location move.    At the time of booking 7031 appeared to be mid ship but now not so sure.  

Midship would between the 2 elevator banks   7031  is just a bit forward   it could be worse you could be in 7001

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/sirena/deck-plans/

What sailing are you on?

4 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Midship would between the 2 elevator banks   7031  is just a bit forward   it could be worse you could be in 7001

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/sirena/deck-plans/

What sailing are you on?

Looking again at the deck plans.  I see the problem with a lower deck.  Most  of the cabins are insides also the life boats take up a lot of  space on deck 6.  We prefer a balcony.  Hoping the sea is calm?  

12 minutes ago, rrunner said:

Looking again at the deck plans.  I see the problem with a lower deck.  Most  of the cabins are insides also the life boats take up a lot of  space on deck 6.  We prefer a balcony.  Hoping the sea is calm?  

I would ask your TA to check if there are any A2 in the aft section or B's  if you do not care if you have Concierge cabin perks ... not too far back  but the I do not find the motion as bad in the aft as it is in the forward of the ship

We have been in 7115 a couple of times  ..it was fine  for me

It depends on how bad your hubby suffers from the "Motion of the ocean"

12 minutes ago, rrunner said:

I will thank you.  My husband is quite bad from motion when on the higher decks.  He has a hard time in the Polo grill unfortunately as it is his favorite restaurant.  

That is not good  then

you want to be  close to the aft elevators  or in the middle for sure

Hope your TA  can keep checking  for you

Enjoy the cruise