Big price drop normal?

I have been tracking an Oasis cruise from NJ next May but we just aren't quite ready to book. We have are on Anthem this Sept. and we have never had 2 cruises booked at the same time. But holy Lord I am tempted to book like right now. Its a kids sail free but that's not the crazy part. Its been like 3,100-3,200. but just now I saw it at 2,300 for 3, obviously 2 adults and 1 kid. Man I am so tempted to just throw the deposit on a CC. Are drops like that normal? Man would you just book and deal with consequences later? Such a ridiculous price. Oh this is for a Central park balcony, Boardwalk Balcony is  2,399 or something like that. I don't know what to do. 😮

Is that price for a refundable deposit?  If so & you are happy with the price then  say go for it...you can always change your mind before final payment & get a refund on your deposit....if it's non-refundable...then  No...I wouldn't put out that much money on a cruise I wasn't positive I was going to take...

• Like 1

Is that price for a refundable deposit?  If so & you are happy with the price then  say go for it...you can always change your mind before final payment & get a refund on your deposit....if it's non-refundable...then  No...I wouldn't put out that much money on a cruise I wasn't positive I was going to take...
I wonder what happened for it to drop because the cruise seems to be almost sold out. At the the central park/boardwalk balconies seem to be almost sold out.
I think it was a non refundable. We are set on the May cruise and where and what ship but just money wise not quite ready. Man what to do.

It's harder to get cabins for 3, so it would be nice to book. But if you're not ready...

I'm guessing there will be price drops starting now; the TA I use starts their 4th of July sale tomorrow.

Edited by marci22

Just now, mets123 said:

I booked the Oasis two weeks ago for the 9/6/20 sailing. I checked yesterday, and it went down $395. It was for an ocean facing balcony. I happily had them reprice it.

Good catch, that's a nice drop.

1 hour ago, JAMESCC said:

Such a ridiculous price. Oh this is for a Central park balcony, Boardwalk Balcony is  2,399 or something like that. I don't know what to do. 😮

If you would actually use the soda package, the first two people on the Boardwalk Balcony reservation would each get a free soda package, so the Boardwalk room would technically be cheaper than the Central Park room (soda packages are generally $9-$10/day per person, plus 18%, so two free packages is like getting about $150 in "free product").  

• Like 1

If you would actually use the soda package, the first two people on the Boardwalk Balcony reservation would each get a free soda package, so the Boardwalk room would technically be cheaper than the Central Park room (soda packages are generally $9-$10/day per person, plus 18%, so two free packages is like getting about $150 in "free product").  
Oh I like your thinking and I thought I heard that but didn't know for sure. Good deal too, if everything holds tomorrow I might just say screw it and book it. Can't hurt and is the cruise we settled on so it's not something that so good we have to do it but weren't looking to do.
  • Like 2

If you are certain it is a cruise you want to do, place the deposit while prices are down.  Prices do fluctuate, and you may be catching a good one.  You are putting your deposit at risk, so you do need to be pretty certain you want that cruise; otherwise go for it while the price is good.

If you are noise sensitive, Central Park is quieter.  With it you get a bottle of red wine and a lunch (might be for two, don’t recall) in nice specialty restaurant.

If you are not noise sensitive, Boardwalk is more fun, with people watching from your balcony.  Soda package for first two.  A meal at Johnny Rockets.

• Like 1

If you are certain it is a cruise you want to do, place the deposit while prices are down.  Prices do fluctuate, and you may be catching a good one.  You are putting your deposit at risk, so you do need to be pretty certain you want that cruise; otherwise go for it while the price is good.

If you are noise sensitive, Central Park is quieter.  With it you get a bottle of red wine and a lunch (might be for two, don’t recall) in nice specialty restaurant.

If you are not noise sensitive, Boardwalk is more fun, with people watching from your balcony.  Soda package for first two.  A meal at Johnny Rockets.
I think I'd like Central Park better to be honest. Thanks for the info, lunch is pretty good for Central Park. Can you use that the first day so we can avoid the craziness at the buffet?

11 hours ago, JAMESCC said:

Are drops like that normal?

When RCI way over priced the sailing to start with, yes. Like all the fake sales, don't look at the drop, look at the bottom line price and book it if it makes sense.

• Like 2

When RCI way over priced the sailing to start with, yes. Like all the fake sales, don't look at the drop, look at the bottom line price and book it if it makes sense.
Yeah the more I think about it I can't let this pass. It's a little over 2,300 for 3, 2 adults and 1 kid in a central park balcony.
I say I'm not ready money wise because I have some CC debt that I have money coming in in August or Sept that will pay off those CCs. Kinda don't want to put anything on them right now. This might be too good to pass up though. Plus my truck lease is up in August that I need a down payment on in July for. Kinda a perfect storm at the moment that will clear soon, just not right now.

I think I may book this today after I get home from work. Do they not have the courtesy hold thing anymore because I was gonna hold it for more just in case? I didn't see anything about a courtesy hold? How do you guys feel about this pay monthly deal? How does that exactly work? Is there a service charge or interest rate deal with that because no way I do that then? I wasn't really gonna but was curious about the program?

12 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

I think I may book this today after I get home from work. Do they not have the courtesy hold thing anymore because I was gonna hold it for more just in case? ...

The ability to do a courtesy hold has varied recently.  For a time it was limited to certain sailings.

However, if you use a travel agent, they can hold a cruise, and usually longer than 24 hours.

• Like 3

The ability to do a courtesy hold has varied recently.  For a time it was limited to certain sailings.

However, if you use a travel agent, they can hold a cruise, and usually longer than 24 hours.
Oh wow that's interesting, thanks. Appreciate the info. I was actually thinking book direct this time but we'll see. Maybe book direct that and then move to travel agent.

3 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:
5 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Oh wow that's interesting, thanks. Appreciate the info. I was actually thinking book direct this time but we'll see. Maybe book direct that and then move to travel agent.

I'd check out the travel agent first.  They may have group space priced significantly lower than Royal's web page.

• Like 1

I'd check out the travel agent first.  They may have group space priced significantly lower than Royal's web page.
As soon as I wrote that post I thought the same thing. I'm gonna check the local TA I almost had a deal with last year but things fell apart. Matter of fact I'm gonna send her an email right now, thanks for the suggestion.

Prices can change quickly, especially when prices drop and if space is short.  

You may want to contact a TA now; they can probably hold it while you think it over.  To do otherwise risks the deal disappearing on you.
Yes I agree, sending an email right now.