Carnival Ecstasy Excursion Accident

Mr305

5 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

The cruise line is suspending that tour.  Good.  But so much for the "safety" of ship sponsored excursions.

As 28 people returned with minor injuries.  Hoping the 4 more serious ones pull through.

Hope all are well and have a full recovery. But the comment about ship sponsored excursions is off based and uncalled for. This could just as easily have occurred on private excursion. And I would have to think would be more likely on private excursion. Due to you having less knowledge of the vendors then the cruise lines.

10 hours ago, zonacruiser25 said:

Surprised to see so few replies to this.  I pray that the injured all have full and speedy recoveries.  I noticed several threads on this and hope they can all be consolidated so we might get replies from those on this cruise. 

Was all over the news last night here in South, Florida.

Horrible! Hope all recover soon.

Isa

18 hours ago, K&RCurt said:

Busses get in wrecks and people are hurt and killed everywhere.  Even in the US.  This is not some situation unique to the Bahamas or anywhere else.

https://journalistsresource.org/studies/environment/transportation/bus-crashes-united-states-what-does-research-say/

https://www.tristatehomepage.com/news/local-news/ky-one-person-is-dead-eight-injured-in-accident-involving-greyhound-bus/2088725415

This just happened last week in KY.  Police pursuit--driver got on interstate going wrong way in an attempt to elude the police.

5 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I'm curious how Carnival managed to get a C-130 out there for 4 people. Is it something that they were able to request? 

I think it is more about the US military transporting 4 critically injured American citizens back to US soil than a 'request' from a cruise line.

14 hours ago, Bookbug53 said:

I think it is more about the US military transporting 4 critically injured American citizens back to US soil than a 'request' from a cruise line.

But how would they know they were needed? Someone had to ask them I would think. There have been critically ill people before there and they had to get themselves back. I'm not knocking that they were transported back to the US and I'm glad they were, but I'm curious and surprised that they used such a large aircraft for 4 people. My only thought is that they were trying to get in the flight hours and found that that was a good way to do it. When Mike was stationed in Key West they needed to get in so many flight hours. One of the ways was they would make rum runs to Puerto Rico. There were more cases of rum coming off of the plane than anything else. It was funny to see. It was less than half price getting Bacardi from there than it was in KW.