Iced coffee

fabnsab

I drink 3 iced coffees a day. Ok, maybe 4...we are on a 9 day Mediterranean on Connie in sept. How easy will it be for me to make my own iced coffee or do I need to do the el Bacio route? Any tricks from fellow iced coffee addicts? 

Last time I cruised, I wasn’t a coffee drinker at all! 

30 minutes ago, hcat said:

We make it in the buffet...pour coffee over ice..add milk or cream

I do the same, but add one more step:

-    Put about 2 inches of ice in the bottom of a glass,

-   take it over to the ice-cream bar and have then put a couple of scoops of ice-cream in the glass (coffee, vanilla, chocolate or whatever flavor you prefer with coffee),

-  stick a straw or spoon into the glass,

-  take it over to the coffee station and slowly dribble hot coffee into the glass, stirring as you do it, until you fill the glass.

Result:  a delicious iced-coffee drink.

Edited by varoo

52 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Agree, it’s not rocket science.  Added Baileys is good too 🙂

Pouring hot coffee over ice makes watery, luke warm coffee. I’m  not a snob, but I do like it strong and cold. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fabnsab said:

Pouring hot coffee over ice makes watery, luke warm coffee. I’m  not a snob, but I do like it strong and cold. 

Even at El Bacio, when I ask for an iced tea, they make it hot first and then pour it into a cup filled with ice.  Not sure it will be different for iced coffee?

If you want to make something like ices espresso you are probably better off with CA's suggestion.  But I like strong black coffee too and I find a double espresso over 3 cubes of ice is fine.    If you want something a bit longer try adding soda!

(As in soda water - not a can of coke.  Although that might work too...)

9 hours ago, fabnsab said:

Agree.  I'm a semi coffee snob 😁(more of an avid tea drinker who also loves good coffee), and when drinking iced coffee I prefer cold brew.  Less acid and it's strong enough to take ice and not get watered down.  No cold brew available on the ships, so it's gonna have to be double espresso over ice(thank you @GastroGnome!)