Collector's Cruise Question

smurfgirl06

Hi all!

My family and I are on the 21 Day Viking Sagas and Voyage of the Midnight Sun that leaves this Sunday. This is the first time we've booked a B2B as a Collector's Cruise.  Is it still handled like a traditional B2B where you still have to disembark the morning of the first leg, get new cards, do the lifeboat drill again, etc?  We have the Heinekin Experience booked in Amsterdam for that turn around day, and I'd like to know if we have to rush back to the ship for another muster, or if it's handled like a normal port day for us, where we just have to be back on 30 minutes before departure.

Thanks!

The requirement for a second muster drill seems to flex a little, but your probably won't have to do another muster drill.

No, you don't get a new card. In non-US ports you treat it like another standard port day...get off when you want, etc. You only have to pack up if you are changing cabins...your steward will help.

You will receive written instructions when on board as to policy and procedures.

In the last year or so, the requirement for muster drills seems to have been relaxed.  We were told that you need to attend a muster drill once every 30 days.  Last year, we did four 14-day cruises b2b.  We only had to attend two drills.  That being said, how often you need to attend a muster drill basically depends on the Captain.

Our experience for multiple Collectors Cruises, (not B2B, totally different) is that you only have to attend a muster drill every 30 days.   HAL sends around a notice to passengers who are continuing on at the mid-point.   They will tell you about the 30 day rule, and occasionally provide you with a transit pass to get priority boarding if you happen to return to the ship in the middle of the boarding process of the passengers joining the ship at that port.

2 minutes ago, TAD2005 said:

Our experience for multiple Collectors Cruises, (not B2B, totally different) is that you only have to attend a muster drill every 30 days.   HAL sends around a notice to passengers who are continuing on at the mid-point.   They will tell you about the 30 day rule, and occasionally provide you with a transit pass to get priority boarding if you happen to return to the ship in the middle of the boarding process of the passengers joining the ship at that port.

Perfect! Ours was booked as one Collector's Cruise, not a B2B.  Thanks!

4 minutes ago, smurfgirl06 said:

Perfect! Ours was booked as one Collector's Cruise, not a B2B.  Thanks!

Love your screen name, Smurfgirl.  My daughter (now age 40) had the full collection of smurfs when she was around 7 or 8.   Big ones, little ones, the smurf village, Gargamel, his cat, etc.   I don't know if she passed those down to her kids, but they might be worth something, like the "Cabbage Patch Kids" are now, of which she had about 7.

3 hours ago, TAD2005 said:

Love your screen name, Smurfgirl.  My daughter (now age 40) had the full collection of smurfs when she was around 7 or 8.   Big ones, little ones, the smurf village, Gargamel, his cat, etc.   I don't know if she passed those down to her kids, but they might be worth something, like the "Cabbage Patch Kids" are now, of which she had about 7.

Thanks! I'm a child of the 80's, and it's a homage to both my last name and my mom's maiden name.  It fits me well.