Average age and other questions

36 minutes ago, TFLG said:

You wear headphones and there are 3 different stations you can listen too. You might have one playing modern hip-hip, one playing 80's and one playing 60's music.  The headphone light up either green, red, or blue depending on what station you are tuned into.  It sounds silly and looks ridiculous if you are walking past but trust me it's a lot of fun and they often run out of headphones.  No idea if they sanatize them but I would suspect they do.  If you are concerened you could take a sanatizing wipe with you to clean them.

Hmm, thanks for the explanation!  Not sure if I would enjoy this or not, but could always try it if we couldn’t find something else to do. 

15 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Hmm, thanks for the explanation!  Not sure if I would enjoy this or not, but could always try it if we couldn’t find something else to do. 

Go on! Try the silent disco! It's great fun! 

My wife takes lots of persuading to get her up dancing ---but the silent disco really appeals to her! Me, I'm a crazy dancer! 

On 6/26/2019 at 6:02 PM, NC State said:

We are thinking of taking our first X cruise and this info is so helpful. I'm 55 and my husband is 57 so I don't think we are too old (hahaha). We have always cruised on Disney (no kids) but we are wanting to try something new. We are not into the "party" boat but would like something relaxing and at a a much lower noise level. This is sounding better for us!

DH and I have been avid DCL cruisers for many cruises (only took our 5 kids once - we are so mean).  We sailed Horizon 16 years ago for our honeymoon and have never quite forgotten it (especially loved our afternoon canapes (to the point we came back from ports early to partake).  In Feb we went on Edge in a shift from DCL ( even though our last DCL cruise was concierge class I could not get over the crowds, it was overwhelming to me).  We LOVED X.  We are now booked in Sept to Bermuda on Summit and next August on the Equinox.  Right now we are pretty happy with X.  

On 6/27/2019 at 12:32 PM, NCteacherlovescruising said:

We aren’t empty nesters yet. Our son just graduated from collage and got a job in his field right away. He is working in uptown Charlotte. He still lives with us and is planning to for a year or two to save some money.  He will be watching our two dogs while we’re gone. ☺️

Yes, we will be on the Sept. 1 cruise to Bermuda. 

On 6/27/2019 at 1:11 PM, Tatka said:

Well, it is almost same as empty nesting in regards to vacations. Even more convenient if you have dogs.  🙂

We are on the same cruise. It is earlier in September and I think crowd will be younger than later into Fall.

See you on board!

We will be hanging with all of you!  Perhaps we should all get together.  And whether or not you dance one should partake in the silent disco - it is a hoot!  No one cares if you dance - my DH just steps from foot to foot and no one cares!  (that is in some ways Merengue but he could make it look better).  LOL  See all of you in 60DAYS!!!!!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, crazyman3 said:

Go on! Try the silent disco! It's great fun! 

My wife takes lots of persuading to get her up dancing ---but the silent disco really appeals to her! Me, I'm a crazy dancer! 

My husband doesn’t dance either.  Even when we were young and dating I would dance with my friends and he would just watch. Nowadays we both enjoy just watching.  Although I was persuaded to dance on the Oasis by a friend we met on that cruise. 

1 hour ago, mmeg29 said:

We will be hanging with all of you!  Perhaps we should all get together.  And whether or not you dance one should partake in the silent disco - it is a hoot!  No one cares if you dance - my DH just steps from foot to foot and no one cares!  (that is in some ways Merengue but he could make it look better).  LOL  See all of you in 60DAYS!!!!!

You are both going to the meet and greet, aren’t you?  Is that what Celebrity calls it?  I hope they have you wear you screen names as other ships have so I will be able to put faces with those I’ve been chatting with in here.  I believe my other roll call only has 3 people in it, but at least I can “see” them. 

60 Days!  Yes!!  I can’t believe I’m actually wishing my summer away because of my excitement for this cruise.  I’m a teacher so I should be cherishing every day of summer vacation!  

2 hours ago, mmeg29 said:

DH and I have been avid DCL cruisers for many cruises (only took our 5 kids once - we are so mean).  We sailed Horizon 16 years ago for our honeymoon and have never quite forgotten it (especially loved our afternoon canapes (to the point we came back from ports early to partake).  In Feb we went on Edge in a shift from DCL ( even though our last DCL cruise was concierge class I could not get over the crowds, it was overwhelming to me).  We LOVED X.  We are now booked in Sept to Bermuda on Summit and next August on the Equinox.  Right now we are pretty happy with X.  

We have only cruised DCL too (no kids) but we are now thinking to jump ship to X.

22 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

My husband doesn’t dance either.  Even when we were young and dating I would dance with my friends and he would just watch. Nowadays we both enjoy just watching.  Although I was persuaded to dance on the Oasis by a friend we met on that cruise. 

You are both going to the meet and greet, aren’t you?  Is that what Celebrity calls it?  I hope they have you wear you screen names as other ships have so I will be able to put faces with those I’ve been chatting with in here.  I believe my other roll call only has 3 people in it, but at least I can “see” them. 

60 Days!  Yes!!  I can’t believe I’m actually wishing my summer away because of my excitement for this cruise.  I’m a teacher so I should be cherishing every day of summer vacation!  

We plan on the meet & greet.  I am younger than you but not by much I believe.  Although somewhere in my head I am still a child ❤️

• Like 1

On 7/3/2019 at 9:38 AM, mmeg29 said:

We should!!!

• Like 1

I regularly make the mistake of thinking people are older than me only to find out they're 5-10 years younger than me.  I ask my wife "do they look older then me?" and almost invariably shes responds and says "No, I guess 5-10 years younger"

We all have our favourite mirrors

49 minutes ago, DYKWIA said:

We all have our favorite mirrors

Boy ins't that truth.

Last cruise my DW and I were on a walking tour, when a 70ish man walked over to me and asked how long I have been retired. I'm 52. My first thought was, man I must look like crap today.  I need to spend less time in the martini lounge.

But later I figured it out. He asked because I looked independently wealthy.

• Haha 1