Learned something new yesterday about cabin availability....

canadarocks

Did you know that when you check HAL's website for available cabins on a specific cruise, it doesn't show all of them? ..... I didn't.

I assumed when you search for an Aft veranda cabin on Deck 4 (for example) all of the Aft veranda cabins that weren't booked would show up so you could see them ..... Nope. 

Am I the only one who didn't know that? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

Did you know that when you check HAL's website for available cabins on a specific cruise, it doesn't show all of them? ..... I didn't.

I assumed when you search for an Aft veranda cabin on Deck 4 (for example) all of the Aft veranda cabins that weren't booked would show up so you could see them ..... Nope. 

Am I the only one who didn't know that? 

My understanding is that they only show 10 cabins at a time in a particular category.  I have wanted a specific cabin, called my PCC and she was able to get it for me.  If you're doing a fake booking there should be a place on the page showing which cabin they suggest that allows you to input the cabin number you want.  It will let you know if it's still available.  If so, you can book it .

Helen

• Like 2

I always use the deck plan and type in the cabin number I want or that are acceptable.   Even when not using the numbered system I go through the deck plan for desired decks and that shows availability.  It is a bit tedious since you have 3 pages for each deck - forward, back, mid

1 minute ago, ontheweb said:

Do travel agents have a different way in which they can see all the available cabins in a category instead of just the 10 show on the HAL website?

I don't believe so as there have been a couple of time where my TA actually had to call to get us the stateroom we wanted.  But since that was several years ago maybe HAL's  "new"  system has changed that.

1 hour ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

I liked the old method where you could type in a cabin number that you were interested in and see if it is available.

KK you still can do that.  You have to plow through several screens to get there but it is still possible.

• Like 2